Subject: [AAA-WG]: Authorization-Lifetime contradiction

From: Joe Lau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:37:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Pat,

I found contradictory statement about about the value of 
Authorization-Lifetime in the two following drafts:

<draft-ietf=aaa-diameter-08.txt,alpha>:

   A value of zero (0) means that immediate re-auth is necessary by the 
   accesss device. ...  The absence of this AVP, or a value of all ones
   means no re-auth is expected.

<draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-08.txt, alpha>:

   The Authorization-Lifetime AVP contains the number of seconds before
   registration keys destined for the Home Agent and/or Foreign Agent
   expire.  A value of zero indicates infinity (no timeout).

Which statement is correct?

Regards,

Joe

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:17:53 -0700

This is being currently being addressed by adding a new AVP that specifies the
key lifetime. By no longer binding the key's lifetime to the authorization lifetime,
this issue goes away.

Thanks,

PatC