Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue: Add Termination-Cause values for MIPv4

From: Thomas Panagiotis-PTHOMAS1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:34:10 -0500

Submitter name: Panos Thomas 
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: 2001-10-01
Reference: N/A 
Document: base-08-alpha
Comment type: T 
Priority: 1
Section: 8.15
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

In a MIPv4 scenario, when old-FA detects that the user has moved
to a new-FA, or when its Auth-Lifetime+Grace-Period timer expires,
it sends an STR to AAAH to terminate the (old-FA)-(AAAH) session.
What Termination-Cause value should the old-FA use in these cases?
DIAMETER_LOGOUT or DIAMETER_LINK_BROKEN may cause the AAAH to also
terminate the (AAAH)-(HA) session.

Requested change:

Add the following Termination-Cause AVP values in Section 8.15:

DIAMETER_AUTH_EXPIRED
   This value is used when the Auth-Lifetime + Auth-Grace-Period
   expires on access device.

DIAMETER_USER_MOVED
   This value is used in a MIP scenario when the FA determines
   that the user has moved to a new FA.

-Panos