Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue: Required AVPs in grouped key AVPs

From: Mark Eklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 15:40:00 -0400

Submitter name: Mark Eklund
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 8-Oct-01
Reference: http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/aaa-wg/2001-10/msg00101.html
Document: mobileip
Comment type: Technical
Priority: 1
Section: 6.0
Rationale/Explanation of issue:
  These changes came out as a result of a discussion as to what AVPs would
  be needed with respect to keyed avps.

  1. Create a new AVP, MIP-AAA-SPI (or reuse MIP-MN-AAA-SPI) and add
     it to MIP-MN-to-FA-Key and MIP-MN-to-HA-Key.  This will be used
     the AAA SPI in the Unsolicited MN-[HA|FA] key material request.

  2. Remove the MIP-Peer-SPI AVP

  3. Replace MIP-Peer-SPI in MIP-FA-to-MN-Key with MIP-FA-to-MN-SPI.

  4. Replace MIP-Peer-SPI in MIP-FA-to-HA-Key with MIP-FA-to-HA-SPI.

Requested change: 

  See the Reference: above for a summary of the required AVPs.
  MIP-Key-Lifetime is in flux as to if there will only be one per
  diameter packet or one per key AVP, so this will have to be
  addressed elsewhere.