Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 212: How does the AAAH know the Destination-Host of a previously assigned foreign HA?

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:31:31 -0700

Submitter name: Pat Calhoun
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: 25-Oct-01 
Reference:  
Document: MIP
Comment type: Technical 
Priority: 1
Section: 
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

Once a mobile has been assigned a home agent, if a subsequent HAR is to
be sent, a new AAAH has no way to map the IP address in the registration
request to a Destination-Host AVP of the Home Agent.

Fix

The GNAIE ID is being updated to reflect comments of the IESG. In this
document we will specify that the HA may include its NAI in the 
Registration Reply, and if so, the mobile node must include the same extension
in subsequent registration requests. This will require some Mobile IP WG
involvement.