Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: Outstanding unanswered requests.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:14:52 +0300

Hi,

Does this mean that a diameter client, within a single session, can send
upto 2^32 messages without receiving an answer. In this case what action is
to be taken by the server if processing of one of these messages results in
an error answer. What should be done to the subsequent messages? Should they
be processed or ignored.

Regards,
Kishore

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Pat Calhoun [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 08. October 2001 18:25
To: Ghadiyaram Venkata (EXT-TataConsultancy/Helsinki)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [AAA-WG]: Outstanding unanswered requests.

> Is there any limit on the number of outstanding unanswered requests within
a
> single session at a diameter server.

yes, 2^32

PatC

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 07:26:20 -0700

> an error answer. What should be done to the subsequent messages? Should they

the 2^32 is for all messages from the access device, whether it is for a single
session or multiple session.  each request is completely independent of others. 
The state machine in the base protocol spec (in section 8.x) details how to 
handle state transition when errors are received.

PatC