Subject: Re: [AAA-WG]: Section 8.1

From: Joe Lau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:31:31 -0700 (PDT)

> The general idea was that the HA modify the SPI value in the 
> MIP-FA-to-HA-Key, and return the updated AVP in the HAA.

But there is no more MIP-FA-to-HA-Key in HAA on the draft version 8, alpha.
Did you mean MIP-FA-to-HA-SPI instead?  Or, did I miss somthing in this
discussion?

Joe

---

From: Michael Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 11:24:40 -0700

We have defined MIP-FA-to-HA-SPI  MIP-FA-to-MN-SPI  two AVPs, why don't we put
these AVPs in the MIP-FA-to-HA-Key  MIP-FA-to-MN-Key to replace the
MIP-Peer-SPI ?    In other words, see below
      MIP-FA-to-MN-Key ::= < AVP Header: 326 >
                           { MIP-FA-to-MN-SPI }
                           { MIP-Algorithm-Type }
                           { MIP-Session-Key }
                         * [ AVP ]

      MIP-FA-to-HA-Key ::= < AVP Header: 328 >
                           { MIP-FA-to-HA-SPI }
                           { MIP-Algorithm-Type }
                           { MIP-Session-Key }
                         * [ AVP ]
By the way, I don't think we can impletement stateless diameter server by
requesting for example "If the MIP-FA-to-HA-Key is in the HAR it must be
returned in the HAA so it can be inserted into the AMA." and so on.
Because in redirect case, there is no guarantee that whay avps you send, you
will see all of them from the redirect answer. So all the diameter have to keep
the state. please correct me if I am wrong.

-Michael