Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: Issue 186: Decouple authorization and key generatio n

From: Thomas Panagiotis-PTHOMAS1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:03:06 -0500

Pat,

If the intent is to add the MIP-Key-Lifetime AVP in the
MIP-XX-to-XX-Key AVP definitions (Sections 6.1-6.6), then
our solutions coincide and you can close this issue.

-Panos

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Calhoun [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 6:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 186: Decouple authorization and key generation

All,

The proposed solution removes the ability for mobility entities to be
notified of the key lifetime. How about we introduce a new avp:

x.x.x  MIP-Key-Lifetime AVP

The MIP-Key-Lifetime AVP (AVP Code TBD) is of type Unsigned32 and
represents the period of time (in seconds) for which the session key 
is valid.  The session key MUST NOT be used if the lifetime has 
expired; if the key lifetime expires while the session to which it 
applies is still active, either the session key MUST be changed or 
the or the session MUST be terminated.

PatC

---

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:45:20 +0200

Works for me as long as it's stated that all keys distributed must have the
same lifetime
otherwise we may end up in a situation where the fa-ha key expires before
the mn's keys and that will result in the fa-ha key not being updated.

/Fredrik

>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
>Thomas Panagiotis-PTHOMAS1
>Sent: den 1 oktober 2001 18:03
>To: 'Pat Calhoun'; [email-masked]
>Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: Issue 186: Decouple authorization and key
>generation
>
>
>Pat,
>