Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 186: Decouple authorization and key generation

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 04:16:33 -0700

All,

The proposed solution removes the ability for mobility entities to be
notified of the key lifetime. How about we introduce a new avp:

x.x.x  MIP-Key-Lifetime AVP

The MIP-Key-Lifetime AVP (AVP Code TBD) is of type Unsigned32 and
represents the period of time (in seconds) for which the session key 
is valid.  The session key MUST NOT be used if the lifetime has 
expired; if the key lifetime expires while the session to which it 
applies is still active, either the session key MUST be changed or 
the or the session MUST be terminated.

PatC

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:38:27 -0700

> the or the session MUST be terminated.

I'm thinking that there seems to be a great deal of similarity between MIP &
NASREQ here.  Would it be worthwhile to define a basic Key-Material AVP in
the base that both apps can use?