Subject: [AAA-WG]: AAA role for co-located MN

From: "Qiang Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:17:41 -0500

Hello,
 
As described in several drafts for architectural view or AAA
requirement,  AAA need for a Co-located MN for IPv4 is rarely described
(or did I miss the document?), certain place only mentioned that the AAA
for mobility should be supplied by local authority.  
 
My question is:
 
In an uncontrolled visiting network, the MN apparently can use HA as NAS
and HA talks to AAAH to facilitate the AAA needs. Is there any document
for this or is this feasible? Impression is that all the scanrios are
trying to use AAA as the first stop thus the signaling path is different
from letting MN requesting HA then to AAA. 
Any insight?
 
Further how about in a IPv6 network?
 
Thanks
Qiang