Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 367: Issues with MIP-12

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

Issue 367: Issues with MIP-12
Submitter: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: September 13, 2002
Reference:
Document: MIP-12
Comment type: E
Priority: S
Section: many
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Overall comments:

This draft needs a terminology section. Feel free to steal this from the
Diameter Base document. The terminology section should include a
definition of the terms "session state" and "transaction state".

The terms Mobile Node, Home Agent and Foreign Agent are inconsistently
capitalized.

The term "key" appears to be used inconsistently within the
draft.

It would appear that the "keys" distributed by the AAAH to the Mobile Node
are fact nonces, which are combined with the long term pre-shared key
to generate the session key. Similarly, use of the term "security association"
is not always clear, since we have end-to-end SAs, hop-by-hop SAs, and
Mobile IP SAs. Specific instances where this occurs are pointed out in the
detailed comments on this issue.