Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 358: Issues with references

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:14:44 -0700 (PDT)

Issue 358: Issues with references
Submitter: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: September 9, 2002
Reference:
Document: BASE-12
Comment type: E
Priority: 1
Section: 14.2 and others
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Add the following non-normative references to section 14.2:

[AAAREQ] Aboba, B. et al., "Criteria for Evaluating AAA Protocols
for Network Access", RFC 2989, November 2000.

[DYNAUTH] 	Chiba, M., et al., "Dynamic Authorization Extensions to
RADIUS", IETF work in progress.

[RADACCT]   Rigney, C., "RADIUS Accounting", RFC 2866, June 2000.

[RADEXT]   Rigney, C., Willats W., Calhoun P., "RADIUS Extensions", RFC
2869, June 2000.

[TACACS]	Finseth, C., "An Access Control Protocol, Sometimes Called
TACACS", RFC 1492, July 1993.

In Sections 11.12, 11.13, 11.14 (page 129) change the reference from [TCP]
to [IANA].

In section 14.2, change reference to [IPCOMP] from non-normative to
normative. This is referred to with a MAY in Section 9.2 (page 114).

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:40:54 +0300

> TACACS", RFC 1492, July 1993.

Well, these are good references but isn't it customary to actual refer to
these documents from somewhere in the text? Perhaps DYNAUTH, RADACCT,
RADEXT could be referenced when [RADIUS[ is introduced at the beginning.
AAREQ could be put to the sentence "Although Diameter could be used to
solve a wider set of AAA problems, we are currently limiting the scope
of the protocol in order to ensure that the effort remains focused on
satisfying the requirements of network access." TACACS could be added
to section 2.8.4.

> In Sections 11.12, 11.13, 11.14 (page 129) change the reference from [TCP]

Yes.

> normative. This is referred to with a MAY in Section 9.2 (page 114).

Ok.

Jari

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:17:20 -0700 (PDT)

> these documents from somewhere in the text?

The references are referred to in the new text introduced in Issue #364.