Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Draft 12 : Vendor-Specific-Application-Id AVP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:30:13 +0530

As per section 6.11 of diameter draft 12:

6.11  Vendor-Specific-Application-Id AVP

   The Vendor-Specific-Application-Id AVP (AVP Code 260) is of type
   Grouped and is used to advertise support of a vendor-specific
   Diameter Application. Exactly one of the Auth-Application-Id and
   Acct-Application-Id AVPs MAY be present.

   This AVP MUST also be present as the first AVP in all experimental
   commands defined in the vendor-specific application.

   This AVP SHOULD be placed as close to the Diameter header as
   possible.

   AVP Format

      <Vendor-Specific-Application-Id> ::= < AVP Header: 260 >
                                        1* [ Vendor-Id ]
                                        0*1{ Auth-Application-Id }
                                        0*1{ Acct-Application-Id }

Why are multiple occurences of Vendor-Id AVP required?

Since an application is vendor specific, the number of different applications in
this case comes out to be equal to the number of Vendor-Id AVPs present.

But shouldn't this AVP represent only one vendor specific application id as one
message can be of relevance to only one specific application?

-Ankit

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.