Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter as IPFIX candidate

From: Sebastian Zander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 09:37:42 +0200

Hi,

I submitted a first candidate draft to the IPFIX eval team. I hope
that some of you Diameter experts have the time to send me some comments so I can
improve the next version.

Cheers,

Sebastian

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------
Betreff: [ipfix-eval] [Fwd: post draft-zander-ipfix-eval-diameter-00.txt]
Datum: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 19:03:26 +0200
Von: Sebastian Zander <[email-masked]>
Firma: Fraunhofer FOKUS
An: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

Hi,

please find the Diameter evaluation draft attached. The Diameter protocol spec
can be found at http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-12.txt.

I will update the diameter eval draft in the next few days to produce a 01 version.

Cheers,

Sebastian

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------
Betreff: post draft-zander-ipfix-eval-diameter-00.txt
Datum: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 18:59:21 +0200
Von: Sebastian Zander <[email-masked]>
Firma: Fraunhofer FOKUS
An: [email-masked]

Hi,

please post the draft attached (draft-zander-ipfix-eval-diameter-00.txt) as internet draft.

Thanx,

Sebastian

-- 
Sebastian Zander                         E-mail: [email-masked]
FhI FOKUS / Global Networking (GloNe)    Tel: +49-30-3463-7287
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31                Fax: +49-30-3463-8287
D-10589 Berlin, Germany                  www.fokus.fhg.de/usr/sebastian.zander

-- 
Sebastian Zander                         E-mail: [email-masked]
FhI FOKUS / Global Networking (GloNe)    Tel: +49-30-3463-7287
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31                Fax: +49-30-3463-8287
D-10589 Berlin, Germany                  www.fokus.fhg.de/usr/sebastian.zander

-- 
Sebastian Zander                         E-mail: [email-masked]
FhI FOKUS / Global Networking (GloNe)    Tel: +49-30-3463-7287
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31                Fax: +49-30-3463-8287
D-10589 Berlin, Germany                  www.fokus.fhg.de/usr/sebastian.zander

Internet Draft                                          Sebastian Zander
Document: draft-zander-ipfix-diameter-eval-00.txt       Fraunhofer FOKUS
Expires: February 2003

                                                          September 2002

       Evaluation of Diameter Protocol against IPFIX Requirements

               <draft-zander-ipfix-diameter-eval-00.txt>

Status of this Memo

   This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with
   all provisions of Section 10 of [RFC 2026]. Internet-Drafts are
   working documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), its
   areas, and its working groups. Note that other groups may also
   distribute working documents as Internet-Drafts.

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
   time. It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
   material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

   The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
   Http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt

   The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

   Distribution of this document is unlimited.

Copyright Notice

   Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2001). All Rights Reserved.

Abstract

   This document provides an evaluation of the applicability of the
   Diameter protocol [DIAMETER] as an IPFIX protocol. It compares the
   properties and capabilities of the Diameter protocol to the IPFIX
   requirements [IPFIX-REQ].

Zander                    expires February 2003                 [Page 1]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

Table of Contents

   1 Introduction .................................................    2
   1.1 Diameter Standardization ...................................    2
   1.2 Diameter Deployment and Evolution ..........................    3
   2 Architectural Considerations .................................    3
   2.1 Diameter Protocol Overview .................................    4
   2.2 General Applicability ......................................    5
   2.3 Architectural Differences ..................................    5
   3 Item Level Compliance Evaluation .............................    6
   4 Security Considerations ......................................   11
   5 Acknowledgements .............................................   11
   6 References ...................................................   11
   7 Author's Addresses ...........................................   12
   8 Full Copyright Statement .....................................   12

1.  Introduction

   This document provides an evaluation of the applicability of the
   Diameter protocol as an IPFIX protocol. First, the general Diameter
   architecture is introduced and its application to the communication
   between an IPFIX exporting process and an IPFIX collecting process is
   discussed in Section 2. Section 3 discusses in detail, to which
   degree requirements stated in [IPFIX-REQ] are met.

   This document uses the terminology defined in [IPFIX-REQ].

   The Diameter protocol is the successor of the RADIUS protocol and was
   developed to overcome several limitations of RADIUS. The Diameter
   protocol was developed for the purpose of Authentication,
   Authorization and Accounting (AAA) and is standardized by the IETF
   Authentication, Authorization and Accounting Working Group (AAA WG).
   The Diameter base protocol is specified in draft-ietf-aaa-
   diameter-12.txt [DIAMETER]. The Diameter base protocol provides a AAA
   framework.  Specific applications require extensions to the base
   protocol and are called Diameter applications. Currently applications
   are being standardized by the AAA WG for dial-up and mobile IPv4
   services. These specific applications are considered out of scope for
   the purpose of this document. However there are two companion drafts
   to the Diameter base protocol which need to be considered here: the
   strong end-to-end security extension [DIAM_CMS] and the transport
   recommendations for the Diameter base protocol [AAA_TRANS].

Zander                    expires February 2003                 [Page 2]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

1.1.  Diameter Standardization

   The Diameter base protocol has passed Working Group last call after
   thorough review.  The draft will now be reviewed by the IESG and
   afterwards become a Proposed Standard.  The transport recommendations
   draft is very mature while the CMS draft needs more work.

   The Diameter protocol will become an open IETF standard and is not
   protected by any patents. The IETF copyright can be found at the end
   of [DIAMETER] or at the end of this draft.

   Currently there exist approximately 5 implementations from different
   vendors. One of the implementations is even freely available as
   binary [DIA_SUN]. Furthermore an open source project has been started
   to create an open source implementation of the protocol [DIA_OS].

1.2.  Diameter Deployment and Evolution

   The Diameter protocol is already commercially available but not
   widely used yet because it is not standardized. Also most ISPs will
   not switch from RADIUS to Diameter for their dial-up services.
   However if Diameter is used in Release 5 of 3GPP as planned it is
   expected that the protocol will be widely deployed as part of the
   3GPP rollout. A further driver will be ISPs offering mobile IP
   support. Currently a standardized RADIUS AAA solution for mobile IP
   does not exist.

   The further activities of the AAA WG after standardization of
   Diameter base protocol and base applications  are under discussion.
   The most likely scenario (advocates opinion) is that the AAA WG will
   continue to develop more Diameter applications (collaborating with
   other WGs if needed). Also the base protocol will probably be
   developed further in case the demand is there.

2.  Architectural Considerations

   This section introduces the architecture of the Diameter protocol and
   suggests a way of applying it to the communication between an IPFIX
   exporting process and an IPFIX collecting process.

   The Diameter architecture consists of three different entities:
   Diameter clients, Diameter servers and Diameter agents.

   Diameter clients send requests for Authentication and/or
   Authorization to Diameter servers. Diameter clients also send

Zander                    expires February 2003                 [Page 3]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

   accounting information to Diameter servers. Diameter clients are for
   example Network Access Servers (NASs) or foreign and home agents
   (mobile IPv4).

   Diameter servers perform authentication and authorization decisions
   based on Diameter clients requests and return answers to Diameter
   clients. Diameter servers configure accounting of the Diameter
   clients and get accounting information send by them. When Diameter
   servers get messages not destinated to themselves they forward both
   Authentication and Authorization request and accounting data to the
   appropriate servers. Diameter servers may also automatically direct
   the Diameter clients to send accounting information in a particular
   way.

   Four different types of Diameter agents have been identified and are
   described in Section 2.8 of [DIAMETER]. Diameter agents are used for
   a number of purposes: grouping of systems (security associations),
   request concentration, load balancing and value-added processing of
   requests/responses.

   Please note that despite the fact that the terms client and server
   are used the Diameter protocol is not a client server protocol but a
   peer-to-peer protocol. Any Diameter peer can start a messages
   exchange. This will be described in more detail in the next section.

2.1.  Diameter Protocol Overview

   This section only provides a brief overview of the Diameter base
   protocol.  Therefore it is mandatory to read the base protocol draft
   [DIAMETER] before evaluating the protocol.

   The Diameter base protocol is intended to provide an AAA framework
   for applications such as network access or mobile IP [DIAMETER].  is
   a peer-to-peer protocol allowing any peer to start a message
   exchange.

   The Diameter base protocol is never used on its own. It is always
   extended for a particular application e.g. mobile IPv4. The Diameter
   protocol is run on top of TCP [TCP] or SCTP [SCTP] which guarantee a
   reliable and congestion aware transport. Draft [AAA_TRANS] discusses
   the AAA transport issues in detail.

   Diameter has a build-in watchdog algorithm which can pro-actively
   detect transport failures. Also failback and failover procedures have
   been defined (section 5.5.4 [DIAMETER] and [AAA_TRANS]).

Zander                    expires February 2003                 [Page 4]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

   Diameter supports dynamic peer discovery through different mechanisms
   e.g.  DNS, SLPv2 [SLP] to enable a simpler and more robust
   deployment. Peers can also be configured manually.

   Diameter provides application layer sessions which abstracts from
   transport connections. Diameter messages for multiple sessions are
   multiplexed through a single transport connection.

   Diameter server and agents route messages to their final destination
   based on realms.

   The data model of Diameter is based on Attribute Value Pairs (AVPs).
   Each Diameter message consists of a fixed header and a number of AVPs
   carrying data.  The fixed header contains a 16 bit command code which
   identifies the type of message. A number of data types for AVPs have
   been defined already. AVPs can be grouped into logical structures.
   Diameter can be extended by defining new AVP values, new AVPs and new
   applications (which includes definition of new command codes).

   The Diameter protocol supports capability negotiation between peers.
   This enables a more simpler and robust deployment.

   Diameter supports applications which support Authentication,
   Authorization and Accounting. It also supports applications which
   only make use of accounting (see section 8 [DIAMETER]).

   Diameter uses hop-by-hop security [DIAMETER] and a Diameter extension
   exists which supports end-to-end security [DIAM_CMS] (see security
   considerations for more details).

2.2.  General Applicability

   The Diameter architecture consists of three different entities
   (client, server and agent) while the IPFIX architecture is comprised
   of: observation point, metering process, exporting process and
   collecting process. From the viewpoint of the IPFIX protocol only the
   exporting process and collection process are relevant because these
   are the entities communicating via the IPFIX protocol. However the
   IPFIX protocol must carry data generated by the metering process.

   The process of exporting IP flow information is similar to the
   accounting part of Diameter: The Diameter client sending accounting
   information is simlar to the IPFIX exporting process sending IP flow
   information. The Diameter server receiving accounting information is
   similar to the collecting process receiving IP flow information.
   Diameter Relay and Proxy Agents are similar to an IPFIX proxy (a

Zander                    expires February 2003                 [Page 5]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

   combination of collecting and exporting process) as described in
   section 9 [IPFIX]. The Diameter Translation Agent is similar to the
   Protocol Converter as described in section 9 [IPFIX]. The metering
   process and observation point are similar to entities co-located with
   the Diameter client which collect the accounting information.

   The IPFIX protocol could be implemented with Diameter similar as a
   new Diameter accounting application can be defined. [DIAMETER]
   explicitly describes how new accounting applications can be defined
   in section 1.2.4.

2.3.  Architectural Differences

   The Diameter architecture has been developed for providing a AAA
   framework while IPFIX is to be developed for exporting IP flow
   information. There are no major differences between both
   architectures. The Diameter architecture is more generic than IPFIX.
   It supports a number of different proxy types and message routing.
   Furthermore the functionality of the first two As is not useful for
   IPFIX. However IPFIX could be viewed as a subset of Diameter similar
   to the Diameter accounting functionality. The Diameter standard
   explicitly supports accounting-only Diameter applications.

3.  Item Level Compliance Evaluation

   This section evaluates the compliance of the Diameter protocol with
   the IPFIX requirements item by item. Requirements are addressed by
   their section numbers and item numbers in [IPFIX-REQ]. For each
   requirement it is explained to what degree protocol Diameter meets
   the requirement and how this is achieved. The degree of compliancy is
   explicitly stated using five grades:

     -T  Total compliance: The requirement is met completely by the
         protocol specification without any extensions required.

     -E  Extension required for total compliance: The protocol is
         prepared to be extended and it is possible to extend it in a
         way that it meets the requirement. This grade is onLY
         applicable to protocols that are explicitly open to externally
         defined extensions, such as SNMP is extended by MIB modules or
         DIAMETER is extended by application modules. It is not
         applicable to protocols, where the protocol specification
         itself needs to be extended in order to comply with the
         requirement.

Zander                    expires February 2003                 [Page 6]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

     -P  Partial compliance: The requirement is met partially by the
         protocol specification.

     -U  Upcoming compliance: The requirement is not met or met
         partially by the protocol specification, but there is a
         concrete plan for an upcoming version of the protocol.

     -F  Failed compliance: The requirement is not met by the protocol
         specification.

   Requirement 4 (Distinguishing Flows): -E

     The following requirements assumes that Diameter is not only used
     for exporting IP flow information but also for configuration of the
     export.  In case a different protocol is used for the configuration
     these requirements do not apply.

     As Diameter has not been developed for the purpose of IP flow
     export most of the attributes are not yet defined in the existing
     data model. To comply to the IPFIX protocol there are several
     possible options. Either all of the attributes are defined as new
     AVPs from the defined AVP types (and grouped where appropriate)
     (see Section 4.3,4.4 [DIAMETER]). Alternatively the existing
     QoS/IPFilterRule data types can be used and grouped with additional
     AVPs containing the attributes not yet defined in Diameter (see
     Section 4.4 [DIAMETER]). A further option is to extend the
     QoS/IPFilterRule types directly because most of the required
     attributes are covered already.

   Requirement 4.1 (Interfaces): -E

     Incoming interface and outgoing interface can be defined as AVPs.

   Requirement 4.2 (IP Header): -E

     Source IP and destination IP address can be defined as new AVPs.
     Note that Diameter supports both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Protocol
     Type and IP version number can be defined as AVPs.

     The existing IPFilterRule data type supports source, destination
     IP, protocol type. It also supports prefix matches of the addresses
     via masks.

   Requirement 4.3 (Transport Header): -T/E

     Source and destination port number can be defined as AVPs. The

Zander                    expires February 2003                 [Page 7]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

     existing IPFilterRule data type supports ports, list of ports or
     ranges.

   Requirement 4.4 (MPLS): -E

     The MPLs label can be defined as AVP.

   Requirement 4.5 (DSCP): -T/E

     The Diffserv Code Point can be defined AVP. The existing
     QoSFilterRule supports a DSCP attribute.

   Requirement 4.6 (Header Compression): n/a

     This imposes no further requirements on the protocol

   Requirement 5.1 (Reliability): n/a

     This requirement does not apply to the protocol.

   Requirement 5.2 (Sampling): -E

     This requirement is a metering process requirement. However the
     IPFIX protocol must support to export some information about
     sampling configuration.  New (grouped) AVPs can be defined for
     carrying the sampling configuration.

   Requirement 5.3 (Overload Behavior): -E

     This requirement is a metering process requirement. However some
     information must be send via the protocol e.g. to indicate overload
     behavior changes.  New AVPs can be defined to signal changes of
     metering behaviour to the collecting process.

   Requirement 5.4 (Timestamps): -E

     This requirement is a metering process requirement. However a
     candidate protocol must support a proper timestamp format.
     Diameter does only support the Time data type which is UTC time in
     seconds. To meet the requirement a new AVP data type must be
     defined.  Alternatively a Time AVP can be used for the seconds and
     grouped with an additional AVP for the centiseconds.

   Requirement 5.5 (Time Synchronization): n/a

     This requirement does not apply to the protocol.

Zander                    expires February 2003                 [Page 8]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

   Requirement 5.6 (Flow Expiration): n/a

     This requirement does not apply to the protocol.

   Requirement 5.7 (Multicast Flows): n/a

     This requirement does not apply to the protocol.

   Requirement 5.8 (Ignore Port Copy): n/a

     This requirement does not apply to the protocol.

   Requirement 6.1 (Information Model): -E

     For most of the attributes required there currently exist no
     defined AVPs. But for all attributes listed AVPs can be easily
     derived from the base data types.  Instead of using existing data
     types new data types could be defined.

   Requirement 6.2 (Data Model): -T

     The data model of Diameter is based on the Attribute Value Pair
     (AVP) concept.  An attribute is identified uniquely by a numeric
     AVP code and AVP length.  A number of base types for AVPs have been
     defined in [DIAMETER]. The data model of Diameter is extensible
     because new AVPs and new AVP types can be defined.  Diameter
     supports grouping of AVPs and nesting of grouped AVPs to create
     more complex structure.

     The data model is flexible because each Diameter message only has a
     small fixed size header. After the header arbitrary AVPs (as
     defined for a message) follow.

     The data model is independent of the transport (TCP or SCTP are
     used).

   Requirement 6.3.1 (Congestion Awareness): -T

     Diameter uses TCP or SCTP as transport. Both protocols are
     congestion aware.

   Requirement 6.3.2 (Reliability): -T

     Diameter is an application layer protocol which uses TCP [TCP] or
     SCTP [SCTP] as transport protocols which are both reliable. To
     support application layer reliability the protocol supports
     application layer ACKs and error messages.

Zander                    expires February 2003                 [Page 9]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

     A watch dog mechanism has been defined to detect transport problems
     and failover and failback procedures have been defined. Diameter
     also supports capability negotiation between peers which assures
     that both peers have the same capabilities.

   Requirement 6.3.3 (Security): -T

     Diameter provides end-to-end as well as hop-by-hop authentication,
     integrity and encryption. Some mechanisms are provided by
     underlying security protocols used such as IPSec or TLS. Since
     [DIAMETER] specifies how to use them this requirement is considered
     to be met by the protocol. Please read the security considerations
     section for more details.

   Requirement 6.3.4 (Push/Pull Mode): -T

     Diameter is a peer to peer protocol. The current Diameter
     accounting model uses the push mode (a Diameter client sends
     accounting information to a Diameter server).  However a Diameter
     application could be defined which supports a pull mode as well.

   Requirement 6.4 (Regular Report Interval): -T

     Diameter can send accounting information in regular intervals.

   Requirement 6.5 (Event Notification): -T

     A Diameter peer can send messages at times of events. The events
     and messages must be defined for the specific application. A
     Diameter configuration message could configure when to send
     specific event messages. Currently the Diameter base protocol sends
     accounting messages at the start and end of a session.

   Requirement 6.6 (Anonymization): n/a

     Diameter does not support anonymization. However anonymization is
     not a protocol specific function and therefore the requirement does
     not apply to the protocol.  A function can be integrated into a
     Diameter peer which anonymizes certain data before it is exported
     in AVPs.

   Requirement 7 (Metering Process Configuration): -E

     These requirements only apply if Diameter is used for configuration
     of the metering process. Since Diameter is not a protocol for
     exporting IP flow information the listed attributes are not
     specified yet. Since the data model is flexible all attributes can

Zander                    expires February 2003                [Page 10]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

     be specified as AVPs.

   Requirement 8.1 (Openness): -T

     The Diameter base protocol is open and has an extensibility concept
     specified in the standard. The flexible AVP model allows to support
     any information model. New Diameter applications can be created
     which can define application specific messages and message
     exchange.

   Requirement 8.2 (Scalability): -T

     A Diameter peer is not limited in the number of connections to
     other peers. In Diameter each peer has a unique identifier which
     must be present in each message (Origin-Host AVP). Furthermore
     Diameter uses session IDs to uniquely identify specific sessions.

   Requirement 8.3 (Several Collecting Processes): -T

     Diameter accounting records are usually only send to the home
     server. However there is no limitation in the protocol that
     restricts sending information to only one destination. Diameter
     supports duplicate data detection over multiple receivers because
     each accounting message contains client ID, session ID, timestamp
     and a sequence number in each message.

4.  Security Considerations

   Security considerations for the IPFIX protocol are covered by the
   comparison against the specific Security requirements in the IPFIX
   requirements document [IPFIX-REQ] where they are specifically
   addressed by sections 6.3.3 and 10.

   The Diameter base protocol assumes that messages are secured by using
   either IPSec or TLS. This security model is acceptable in
   environments where there is no untrusted third party agents. The use
   of TLS, IPSEC and considerations of peer-to-peer security issues are
   discussed in the security considerations of [DIAMETER].

   In situations of untrusted third party agents, end-to-end security is
   needed. [DIAM_CMS] describes how a security association is
   established by two peers through agents, and how authentication,
   integrity, confidentiality and data origin authentication are
   achieved using a mixture of symmetric and asymmetric transforms.

Zander                    expires February 2003                [Page 11]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

5.  Acknowledgements

   The authors would like to thank Jari Arkko for his valuable comments
   on the first version of the draft.

6.  References

[IPFIX-REQ] J. Quittek et al., "Requirements for IP Flow Information
            Export", draft-ietf-ipfix-reqs-05.txt, work in progress,
            July 2002.

[DIAMETER]  P. Calhoun et al. "Diameter Base Protocol", draft-ietf-aaa-
            diameter-12.txt, work in progress, July 2002.

[AAA_TRANS] B. Aboba at al., "Authentication, Authorization and
            Accounting (AAA) Transport Profile", draft-ietf-aaa-
            transport-07.txt, work in progress, April 2002

[DIAM_CMS]  P. Calhoun et al., "Diameter CMS Security Application",
            draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-cms-sec-04.txt, work in progress,
            March 2002

[TCP]       Postel, J., "Transmission Control Protocol", RFC 793,
            January 1981.

[SCTP]      R. Stewart et al., "Stream Control Transmission Protocol",
            RFC 2960. October 2000.

[SLP]       E. Guttman, C. Perkins, J. Veizades, M. Day. "Service
            Location Protocol, Version 2", RFC 2165, June 1999.

[DIA_SUN]   SUN Diameter implementation,
            http://playground.sun.com/diameter/

[DIA_OS]    Diameter Open Source Project,
            http://sourceforge.net/projects/diameter/

Zander                    expires February 2003                [Page 12]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002

7.  Author's Addresses

     Sebastian Zander
     Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems (FOKUS)
     Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
     10589 Berlin
     Germany

     Phone: +49 30 3463 7287
     Email: [email-masked]

8.  Full Copyright Statement

   Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2002). All Rights Reserved.

   This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to
   others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it
   or assist in its implementation may be prepared, copied, published
   and distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any
   kind, provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are
   included on all such copies and derivative works.  However, this
   document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by removing
   the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society or other
   Internet organizations, except as needed for the  purpose of
   developing Internet standards in which case the procedures for
   copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be
   followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than
   English.

   The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be
   revoked by the Internet Society or its successors or assigns.

   This document and the information contained herein is provided on an
   "AS IS" basis and THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING
   TASK FORCE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING
   BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION
   HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
   MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Zander                    expires February 2003                [Page 13]

Internet-Draft     IPFIX Diameter Protocol Evaluation     September 2002