Subject: [AAA-WG]: Peer state machine

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:01:52 +0300

Issue 318:Peer state machine bug
Submitter name: Ghadiyaram Venkata Kishore
Submitter email address: [email-masked],	
Date first submitted: September 25, 2002
Reference: 
Document: Base
Comment type: T
Priority: 1
Section:
Rationale/Explanation of issue

In the peer state machine specification in the base protocol there is a difference in handling R-Conn-CER event when the state is R-Open and when the state is I-Open.

R-Open   R-Conn-CER    R-Snd-CEA    R-Open
                       R-Reject
I-Open   R-Conn-CER    R-Reject     R-Open

It should not be necessary to send a CEA as the state is already open on another another connection. The incoming R_CONN_CER can be just rejected. Moreover if a CEA is to be sent then which result code should be used by the CEA in this case.

Requested Change :

Change 

      R-Open           Send-Message     R-Snd-Message    R-Open
                       R-Rcv-Message    Process          R-Open
                       R-Rcv-DWR        Process-DWR,     R-Open
                                        R-Snd-DWA
                       R-Rcv-DWA        Process-DWA      R-Open
                       R-Conn-CER       R-Snd-CEA        R-Open
                                        R-Reject
                       Stop             R-Snd-DPR        Closing
                       R-Rcv-DPR        R-Snd-DPA,       Closed
                                        R-Disc
                       R-Peer-Disc      R-Disc           Closed
                       R-Rcv-CER        R-Snd-CEA        R-Open
                       R-Rcv-CEA        Process-CEA      R-Open

To

      R-Open           Send-Message     R-Snd-Message    R-Open
                       R-Rcv-Message    Process          R-Open
                       R-Rcv-DWR        Process-DWR,     R-Open
                                        R-Snd-DWA
                       R-Rcv-DWA        Process-DWA      R-Open
                       R-Conn-CER       R-Reject         R-Open
                       Stop             R-Snd-DPR        Closing
                       R-Rcv-DPR        R-Snd-DPA,       Closed
                                        R-Disc
                       R-Peer-Disc      R-Disc           Closed
                       R-Rcv-CER        R-Snd-CEA        R-Open
                       R-Rcv-CEA        Process-CEA      R-Open

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:00:40 -0700 (PDT)

Assigned Issue 369. See:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/AAA/issues.html

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> Issue: Peer state machine bug