Subject: [AAA-WG]: Realm expiration timer

From: "naveen sarma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:34:28 +0530

Hi,
    As per RFC 3588 section 5.2

"A dynamically discovered peer causes an entry in the Peer Table (see
Section 2.6) to be created. Note that entries created via DNS MUST expire
(or be refreshed) within the DNS TTL. If a peer is discovered outside of the
local realm, a routing table entry (see Section 2.7) for the peer's realm is
created. The routing table entry's expiration MUST match the peer's
expiration value."

So we will make an entry into the peer table and realm table (if required)
when ever a new peer is discovered, connected and CER, CEA are exchanged.

As per our understanding, if the peer expiration timeout happens and if the
peer's state is closed we will try to re-connect to the peer.  If the peer's
state is Open we are doing nothing.  Is this correct?

What do we need to do when the the realm expiration timeout happens?

-- 
Yours
Naveen.