Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter redirect

From: "Paulo Rolo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:59:35 +0100

Hello,

We are currently developing a set of Diameter interfaces and some doubts have arise, concerning SLF usage.

On ETSI TS 123 228 (IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)) at section 5.8.1 (User identity to HSS resolution) it is suggested that a Public User Identity should be selected and used as input to SLF_QUERY, in order to resolve to the correct HSS name. 

Also at section 6.1.2 (S-CSCF registration/deregistration notification) of TS 129 228 (IP Multimedia (IM) Subsystem Cx and Dx Interfaces), it is suggested that if Routing Information is not available for SAR (S-CSCF registration/deregistration), it should be routed to next diameter node, for example SLF.  

The issue is that on TS 129 229 (Cx and Dx interfaces based on the Diameter protocol) at section 6.1.3 (Server-Assignment-Request (SAR) Command) the Public-Identity is presented as an optional attribute. If it is not present how should be SLF_QUERY performed? All the other messages (UAR, LIR, MAR) have Public-Identity as mandatory.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo Rolo

Network and Protocols Unit

Intelligent Networks Department

Portugal Telecom Inovação, S.A

---

From: Srinivas Mylavarapu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:28:14 +0530

Hi,

      SAR message has got two AVPs through which user identity can be sent,
"User-Name"  and  "Public-Identity". 29.229 says that both are optional but
one of  them should be present to make the message meaningful to the
receiver, ie receiving entity should be able to make out for which
subscriber this registration request is meant for. Hence assumption is that
SAR message need to contain either  "User-Name"  or  "Public-Identity".
Now SLF can use one of those AVPs to find out in which HSS respective
profile is being maintained.

Warm Regards
Srini

             "Paulo Rolo"                                                  
             <paulo-j-rolo@pti                                             
             novacao.pt>                                                To 
             Sent by:                  <[email-masked]>                  
             owner-aaa-wg@meri                                          cc 
             t.edu                                                         
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [AAA-WG]: Diameter redirect         
             07/20/2006 02:29                                              
             PM                                                            

Hello,

We are currently developing a set of Diameter interfaces and some doubts
have arise, concerning SLF usage.

On ETSI TS 123 228 (IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)) at section 5.8.1 (User
identity to HSS resolution) it is suggested that a Public User Identity
should be selected and used as input to SLF_QUERY, in order to resolve to
the correct HSS name.

Also at section 6.1.2 (S-CSCF registration/deregistration notification) of
TS 129 228 (IP Multimedia (IM) Subsystem Cx and Dx Interfaces), it is
suggested that if Routing Information is not available for SAR (S-CSCF
registration/deregistration), it should be routed to next diameter node,
for example SLF.

The issue is that on TS 129 229 (Cx and Dx interfaces based on the Diameter
protocol) at section 6.1.3 (Server-Assignment-Request (SAR) Command) the
Public-Identity is presented as an optional attribute. If it is not present
how should be SLF_QUERY performed? All the other messages (UAR, LIR, MAR)
have Public-Identity as mandatory.

Thanks in advance,
Paulo Rolo

______________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________