Subject: [AAA-WG]: Realm table updation in Diameter

From: "Monal Sengar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:59:17 +0530

Hello,

When we recieve exchange CER and CEA with statically configured peer , do we
need to update the realm routing table.
In our realm routing table we are maintaining the mapping of application id
and supported host ids for particular realm entry.e.g

[example.net]
0x01 = server.example.net
0x02 = server.example.net
This means that in realm example.net we have host id
server.example.netwhich supports applicaiton id 0x01 and 0x02

Now , suppose due to some reason the Peer server.example.net doesnot wish to
advertise both the applicaiton Ids and it sends only applicaiton Id 0x01 in
CEA. So do we need to update the realm table every time we exchange CER and
CEA with statically configured peers?

Thanks and Regards
Monal

---

From: Srinivas Mylavarapu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:14:27 +0530

Hi,

        Whether it is statically configured to dynamically configured, you
always need to maintain the supported app-ids at each peer based on the
CER/CEA exchange.

Warm Regards
Srini

             Rajith R                                                      
             <[email-masked]                                             
             om>                                                        To 
             Sent by:                  'Monal Sengar'                      
             owner-aaa-wg@meri         <[email-masked]>,           
             t.edu                     [email-masked]                    
                                                                        cc 
                                                                           
             07/20/2006 03:11                                      Subject 
             PM                        RE: [AAA-WG]: Realm table updation  
                                       in Diameter                         
                                                                           
             Please respond to                                             
             [email-masked]                                             
                     m                                                     

Hi
            Application support at a Diameter node may be configurable,
i.e. applications may come & go. At the local node, at best you can assume
while configuring (initial configuration) your realm routing table that a
Diameter node, say server.example.net supports app Id 1 & 2.
            The app support is (re)affirmed (run time) by the exchange of
supported app ids in CER/CEA.
            So it is desirable to update the realm table with the app Id
information in CER/CEA.
            Else you may receive a “DIAMETER_APPLICATION_UNSUPPORTED” and
your realm table will have to be diagnostically reconfigured. This would be
a costlier option when compared to the first one.

Rajith

************************************************************************************
This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by phone or email immediately and delete it!

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Monal Sengar
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 2:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AAA-WG]: Realm table updation in Diameter

Hello,

When we recieve exchange CER and CEA with statically configured peer , do
we need to update the realm routing table.
In our realm routing table we are maintaining the mapping of application id
and supported host ids for particular realm entry.e.g

[example.net]
0x01 = server.example.net
0x02 = server.example.net
This means that in realm example.net we have host id server.example.net
which supports applicaiton id 0x01 and 0x02

Now , suppose due to some reason the Peer server.example.net doesnot wish
to advertise both the applicaiton Ids and it sends only applicaiton Id 0x01
in CEA. So do we need to update the realm table every time we exchange CER
and CEA with statically configured peers?

Thanks and Regards
Monal

______________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________