Subject: [abfab] draft-wei-abfab-fcla-01 is uploaded, please review it

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:58:05 +0800

Hi, All

  The -01 version of draft-wei-abfab-fcla is uploaded, please follow the 
link http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-wei-abfab-fcla-01.txt to open it.

  Please review it, any comments are welcome!

Filename:                 draft-wei-abfab-fcla
Revision:                 01
Title:                            Federated Cross-Layer Access
Creation date:            2011-10-31
WG ID:                            Individual Submission
Number of pages: 9

Abstract:
   Network stratum and application stratum form a federation to
   faciliate user's access.  Network operator acts as Identity Provider
   (IdP), and application reuses underlying network's security
   capabilities to simlify application's access.  This document is to
   introduce such federated cross-layer access use case and message
   flows.

------------
Yinxing Wei

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: Alejandro Perez Mendez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:56:43 +0100

Hi Yinxing,

After reading the draft, I have a doubt concerning with your proposal.  
In section 4, step 3, the text says:

When RP receieves the request from UE, it checkes whether the
        credential is avialable.  If not, RP initiates AAA request to
        retrieve credential from IdP [I-D.ietf-abfab-aaa-saml]
        [I-D.jones-diameter-abfab].

It is not clear to me how credentials (MSK or similar) are transported 
to the RP, since it seems (due to the references you cite) that it is 
done through SAML.
Can you provide further details on this, please?

Regards,
Alejandro
>
> Hi, All
>
>   The -01 version of draft-wei-abfab-fcla is uploaded, please follow 
> the link http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-wei-abfab-fcla-01.txt to open it.
>
> _______________________________________________
> abfab mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/abfab