Subject: [abfab] Silence means concent: changes to gss-eap

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 06:52:26 -0500 (EST)

Hi.
In the meeting today we got to a few issues where the chairs asked me to inform the list that unless there are objections we're making the changes:

1) Moving to RFC 3961 MIC tokens

2) Adopting the internationalization strategy discussed on slides
today.  Roughly, we will give guidance regarding portions of our name
types that are hostnames or usernames; people feeding hostnames to us
should make sure they comply with IDNA. Servers MAY compare them in an
IDNA-sensitive manner as part of the acceptor name attributes we are
preparing. We'll coordinate with RADIUS folks (read Alan) to figure
out what to say about RADIUS username attributes.

It's my understanding that applications ADs are OK with this strategy
and strongly suggest that since most of our identifiers are not user
input we adopt a minimalist strategy regarding i18n.

3) Moving to RADIUS attributes from draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions

4) Plugging in the OIDs from the OID registry after the EAP round trip issue is resolved.

---

From: Luke Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 00:58:41 +1100

> 1) Moving to RFC 3961 MIC tokens

+1

> 3) Moving to RADIUS attributes from draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions

I agree this is more elegant, particularly for fragmented attributes. OTOH it may make it may restrict the use of existing RADIUS client implementations (although, I suppose, as extended attributes are still valid RADIUS attributes, it could be implemented by the mechanism itself).

-- Luke