Subject: [abfab] #8: Issues about using a AA rather than an IdP at one end

From: "abfab issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 07:48:45 -0000

#8: Issues about using a AA rather than an IdP at one end

 The document is currently written in terms of dealing with an Identity
 provider, and I can understand why that is so as without an identity not
 much will happen.  However it seems to me that there is also a desire to
 be able to talk to an attribute service in much the same way.  However it
 is not clear that there is a need for the End Host to talk to the
 attribute provider - that communication should be thought of as passing
 between the IdP, the RP and the AtP.  The IdP may need to get a different
 or better identity proof as part of that conversation.

-- 
--------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ietf@…  |      Owner:  draft-ietf-abfab-arch@…
     Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor   |  Milestone:
Component:  arch    |    Version:
 Severity:  -       |   Keywords:
--------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/abfab/trac/ticket/8>
abfab <http://tools.ietf.org/abfab/>