Subject: [abfab] on the draft-ietf-abfab-usability-ui-considerations-01

From: "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 11:32:27 +0900

Hello Rhys,

I was reading the draft draft-ietf-abfab-usability-ui-considerations-01.
It was an interesting document that provides assorted consideration on the
user interface.
Here are some minor comments and questions.

Comment 1:
In Section "5.1 Identity", you mentioned the possible confusion of the terms
for NAI.
It could be also true that some webpage use the term "username" in English
while the other uses the translated term in Japanese (or any other
language).

Comment 2:
In section "6.3.2 Manually Triggered Automated Addition", you have a
paragraph "One approach to accomplishing this . into the identity selector".
That is convenient, but careful setup of the website is needed.
A malicious person may wish to get the piece of data of the others.
The malicious person could be an internal personnel who has right to access
the webpage.
I bit of sentence that ask careful setup would be helpful since this
document is intended to be a guideline for the impelemnters.

Comment 3:
In section "7.3 Listing Services and Identities", the section tiltle could
be "7.3 Listing Services" since current text talks about the listing
services, but does not talk about listing identities, I guess.

Comment 4:
It could be outside the scope of this draft, but is it better for us to talk
about multiple use of a single identity at the same time?
I mean, there are two active sessions with a single identity. It could be
that third party may be using your identity. (e.g., two simultaneous login
to a signle webmail account) Some alert needs to be shown to the user?

Comment 5:
In the terminology, you have defined the term "identity", but you also say
that the definition is a bit different from the ordinary sense and the word
"identifier" may fit better.
Can you tell me why you dared to define the term "identity" rather than
"identifier" then?

Trivial comment:
It would be helpful if you could spell out acronyms and abbreviations when
they appear at the first time, such as HCI.

Thank you.

Take

---

From: "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 11:35:57 +0900

Here is the typo. Sorry...

> I bit of sentence that ask careful setup would be helpful since this
document
> is intended to be a guideline for the impelemnters.

A bit of sentences that ask careful setup would be helpful since this
document is intended to be a guideline for the implementers.

Take

> -----Original Message-----
> From: abfab [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Takeshi Takahashi
> Sent: Thursday, August 7, 2014 11:32 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [abfab] on the draft-ietf-abfab-usability-ui-considerations-01
> 
> Hello Rhys,
> 
language).
> I bit of sentence that ask careful setup would be helpful since this
document
> is intended to be a guideline for the impelemnters.
> 
> Comment 3:
> It could be outside the scope of this draft, but is it better for us to
> talk about multiple use of a single identity at the same time?
> _______________________________________________
> abfab mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/abfab