Subject: the pieces that allow us to publish events and subscribe to them.

From: Jessy I. Patterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 02:29:04 -0500

Each of the topics is probably worth its own blog entry so I will expand
the ones I find particularly interesting. a it is fairly likely that a
method named send that takes an XmlDocument does in fact send a message.
This approach is great as long as you can find a way to make creating
these abstractions easy, which is usually not the case. This time I
managed to spend a few late nights with Ingo Rammer and Christian Weyer
from Thinktecture and Beat Schwegler from Microsoft EMEA.

This can give you quite a headache. With the increasing popularity of
Web services a lot more programming interfaces of sorts are being
exposed to an ever-increasing number of developers. You can also
register your application to be notified when the network connection
becomes available or unavailable. This benefit extends to the design of
programming interfaces.

If this is undesired, we have to replace the elegant one-liner delegate
invocation with a foreach statement. Composability is a great benefit
because it promotes reuse and adaptability.

If this is undesired, we have to replace the elegant one-liner delegate
invocation with a foreach statement. Unfortunately, my paper notes are
in the office so I'll have to write about it in more detail later.

Plus, this topic makes a great segue to the next item. I was lucky
enough to participate in a panel on The Art and Practice of Connected
Systems, part of the architecture symposium organized by Devhawk Harry
Pierson.

This kind of setup is quite common in EAI tools where adapters and such
are configured to talk to each other via specific channel names.

Therefore, the developers of Halo 2 decided to minimize latency between
machines.

This is a very specific case of continuation. Either way, this means
that both invoking a method and returning a result have to be performed
in a way that it can be done over a data stream. The client proxy will
still open an HTTP connection, send the request, and keep the connection
open until the response is received.

Seriously though, the new languages are often powerful and expressive
but require the developer to adapt to a whole new programming model.

In order to make our life really simpler it is not enough to just paint
a thin visual veneer over the existing programming interface. The first
important piece we need are the event channels, i.

I think Dragos' Orchestration Patterns might give us some better
appreciation for these types of features.

Continuation - The stack also makes sure that once a called method
completes, the calling method continues where it left off.

So I followed the footsteps of Adam Bosworth, Josh Bloch, Cedric Beust,
Crazybob and other notable influencers in the Java and enterprise
software world and joined Google.

In such a system you need to be prepared for the fact that information
does not travel instantaneously. What if I want to change the SoapAction
name at deployment time? Anyway, our last project had "asynchronous
service invocation" already in the list of the requirements so very
little convincing was necessary.

This includes the run-time environment, such as running processes or the
source code. Also, a "configuration" value can decide between different
algorithms, so it has some impact on the program execution.

For the past 3 years I have always left a little smarter and quite
inspired. On our last project we had to build quite a bit of code to
allow services to be invoked synchronously and asynchronously.

Composability is the ability to build new things from existing pieces.
It becomes interesting when you use a programming model that does not
have a built-in call stack.

The apparent trade-off is that the retransmission takes time. Actually,
this implementation has a minor flaw. BTW, he defined the verb "to
model" as "write stuff down". We also want to verify that our channel is
a Publish-subscribe Channel and that it sends copies of the inbound
messages.