Subject: He is thoughtful in his words and gave me lots of good advice, some of which never came to mind.

From: John S. Callahan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 19:22:03 -0400

Boris and I had the pleasure of meeting in 2003 and the Enterprise
Architecture Summit and he really has his act together. I think most
shops shouldn't have a problem with the first question but the last two
I think all the security folks that read my blog should start working on
figuring out asap. Enough with the blinking text in the postings. The
final conference and the best in which I will be speaking and serving on
a panel is The Insurance Summit to be held in Scottsdale Arizona on
September 11th thru 13th. This conference to is in New York City on
November 20th thru 22nd.

And one can operate in the world of being "right" without compromising
one's own position or watering it down, if one is as smart as one
thinks.

In the aggregate, those that work to match the expectations of their
peer group do better, are more highly respected, and received more
frequent feedback.

My own outside of work personal opinion on the analysts that put out
high quality work are few and far between. If you don't actually have a
link to someone in your post, sending a trackback to their blog in order
to spur them to read you is dishonest. Anyhow, for what it's worth, I
think it's an important distinction to draw.

On the other hand, I have a tremendous passion for all things IT, and in
particular I try to use my blog to draw other people's attention to
enterprise architecture issues.

I recently did lunch with a peer whom from an organization chart and
years in the industry perspective is junior to me but by no means junior
in his abilities.

The problem with fancy sounding conferences is that they give you
exposure today, but your credibility sinks as the credibility of these
conferences (like Gartner SOA conferences) sinks.