Subject: Lisa's Apps Area Activity Report for March 2009

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:49:03 -0700

News, Updates
Outcomes of SFO BOFs
  - OAUTH: good consensus to create a WG, now just need followup on  
finalizing charter
  - YAM: good consensus to create a WG
  - MMOX: Some confusion, difficulty covering the depth and breadth of  
possible work, but good to meet people & hope more chartering work  
continues on list
  - XMPP: BOF happened in RAI, good consensus to create a WG
  - Bar BOF on HTML5 topics for HTTP: discussed a good number of works  
in progress to see what fell on IETF side, what on W3C side; launched  
some new URI work ([email-masked]).

New mailing list to discuss long-poll, reverse HTTP and Web Sockets: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi

Anthony Bryan looking for advice on moving forward with: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalink-06

Document Status and Progress
Active documents, my action:
  - draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn (Exp): Following up on last  
remaining DISCUSS
  - draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis (PS): Following up on ADs clearing  
DISCUSS, also waiting to see authors response to Pasi's DISCUSS

Active documents, waiting on other:
  - draft-reschke-webdav-post (Exp): Cyrus Daboo is doing shepherd  
review and writeup
  - draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop (PS): Waiting on authors to respond to  
GenArt review
  - draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis (PS): Waiting for a revision
  - draft-snell-atompub-bidi (PS): Waiting for a revision
  - draft-wilde-sms-uri (PS): Waiting for a revision

Finished processing -- new in RFC Ed queue and new RFCs
  - draft-ietf-usefor-usepro (PS): Approved, announcement sent
  - RFC 5423, Internet Message Store Events
  - RFC 5429, Sieve Email Filtering: Reject and Extended Reject  
Extensions
  - RFC 5463, Sieve Email Filtering: Ihave Extension
  - RFC 5490, The Sieve Mail-Filtering Language -- Extensions for  
Checking Mailbox Status and Accessing Mailbox Metadata

WG Status

ALTO: WG accepted Problem Statement and Requirements drafts as WG items.
CALSIFY: Along with following up on RFC2445bis issues, interesting  
discussion spun off onto apps-discuss on timezones
HTTPBIS: Ongoing discussions on issues including pipelining and  
Content-Location.
IDNABIS:  Major advances in SFO: confirm consensus to stick with  
current and original WG approach and documents, modulo introducing new  
discussions about a mapping step and recommendations for that step.
SIEVE:  Alexey steps down as WG Chair, replaced by Aaron Stone.
USEFOR: CLOSED!

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 23:17:48 +0100

Document Status and Progress
Active documents, my action:
 - draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis (BCP) - performing AD review now (Note: 
requested some extra reviews from the Apps Review Team)
 - draft-hollenbeck-rfc493*bis - Scott Hollenbeck has requested 
progression of these documents to Full Standard. I will be reviewing 
them shortly.
 - draft-ietf-webdav-bind (Experimental) - need to do AD review

Active documents in IETF LC or IESG review:
 - draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications (Informational): on IESG telechat 
agenda for May 7th
 - draft-thomson-beep-async (Proposed Standard): waiting for IETF LC to 
complete before putting on IESG telechat
 - draft-ncook-urlauth-accessid (Proposed Standard): waiting for IETF LC 
to complete before putting on IESG telechat (Note: normative dependency 
for draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming)
 - draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis (Informational): in IETF LC

Active documents, waiting on other:
 - draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming (Informational): IESG has reviewed the 
document on Thursday. The document had 6 DUSCUSSes, 2 of which were 
resolved, 2 more should be straightforward to resolve and 2 remaining 
need some discussion between the author/WG chairs and ADs holding the 
DISCUSS (Cullen, Pasi)
 - draft-crocker-email-arch (Proposed Standard): waiting for new 
revision addressing IETF LC comments (e.g. I18N section)

Other actions:
  - Good progress on SCRAM SASL mechanism 
(draft-newman-auth-scram-12.txt) during SF meeting, ready for WG LC
  - Took over most of the DISCUSSes entered by Chris Newman
    - draft-ietf-bfd-base-09.txt: text proposed, waiting for a new 
revision/updated RFC editor note to clear
    - draft-ietf-avt-rtp-speex-05.txt
    - draft-mraihi-inch-thraud-08.txt
  - New DISCUSSes (waiting for RFC Editor notes/new revision) on
    - draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-11.txt
    - draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-19.txt
 - Need to review OAuth document regarding possible reuse of SCRAM
 - Request to review 2 new MIME types
   - Updated registration for "audio/3gpp" and "video/3gpp": some issues 
with ABNF specified by 3GPP were found, waiting for the fix
   - Request for registration for 3gpp-ims+xml: need to followup
 - Need to followup on YAM BOF

WG Status:

EAI - waiting for the WG to finish POP3 and IMAP drafts
Lemonade - pushing dependencies for the Lemonade Profile Bis out of the 
door (draft-newman-auth-scram-12.txt [see above], QRESYNC 
(draft-ietf-lemonade-5162bis-00.txt)). Also a couple of informational 
documents in IESG review
LTRU - WG requested IETF LC for the 2 remaining documents, I am 
reviewing them
MORG - Good discussion about fuzzy searches, multimailbox searches in SF
VCARDDAV - Mailing lis discussion about a proposal to switch to XML 
format in Vcard 4.0. Also a discussion about a new registry for timezone 
names.