Subject: Alexey's Apps Area Activity Report for May 2009

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:47:55 +0100

Please let me know if you think the information below is not accurate.
==============================================
Document Status and Progress
Active documents, my action:
- draft-duerst-mailto-bis - promised Martin Dürst to review this document
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram (my own document) - need to update as per
discussion on channel bindings this week.

Active documents in IETF LC or IESG review:
- draft-hollenbeck-rfc493*bis - in IETF LC
- draft-ietf-webdav-bind (Experimental) - need to address 3 DISCUSSes
(Adrian, Robert, Cullen), in particular about the document "updating the
base WebDAV spec".

Approved for publication:
- draft-ncook-urlauth-accessid (Proposed Standard)
- draft-thomson-beep-async (Proposed Standard): was downdgraded to
Experimental
- draft-crocker-email-arch (Standard Track): approved as Informational
- draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications (Informational): need to add some
RFC Editor notes before the approval announcement can be sent

Active documents, waiting on other:
- draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis (BCP) - IETF LC ended, waiting for a new
revision addressing my comments raised in AD review and in Apps Review
Team review
- draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis (Informational): IETF LC ended, waiting for
update to draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis before sending both to IESG for review
- draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming (Informational): 1 DISCUSSes remaining
on the document (from Cullen). Waiting for Cullen to review.
- draft-dusseault-http-patch: AD review is done, waiting for the
shepherding write-up before requesting IETF LC

List of DISCUSSes I am currently holding:
Old:
draft-ietf-bfd-base-09.txt
draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-04.txt
draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-11.txt
draft-ietf-ipfix-file-03.txt
draft-mraihi-inch-thraud-08.txt

New (this week):
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-10.txt
draft-ietf-avt-seed-srtp-11.txt

Other activities/actions:
Done:
- YAM (Yet Another Mail) WG was chartered
- IESG discussion on NomCom requirements
- Answered a couple of questions from IANA about various IANA registries
(RFC 2244, RFC 3191)
- Cyrus Daboo has posted draft-daboo-srv-email-00.txt and
draft-daboo-srv-caldav-00.txt (how to discover location of an email
servers/CalDAV server), I've reviewed the first one.

Ongoing:
- Negotiating resolution with LTRU WG of various issues raised by my AD 
review and an Apps Review Team review
- Request to review 3 new MIME type registrations (some activity on the
first 2):
   - Request for registration for 3gpp-ims+xml: ongoing private
     discussion with authors of the registration
   - Request for registration for application/mp21 from ISO/IEC
     21000-9:2005/Amd.1:2008: need to followup
   - Request for registration for multiple MIME types
     (<http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/draft-denenberg.html>)
     from Library of Congress: need to advise on the best way forward
     with this.
- TLS server identity check document was posted. Some discussion on the
Apps Discuss mailing list

My action:
- Need to review OAuth document regarding possible reuse of SCRAM
- Need to post 4954bis (SMTP AUTH) in order to start moving it to Draft
Standard

Waiting for others:
- Suggestion to move LMTP to Standard Track (Ned Freed agreed to update
the document, Chris Newman agreed to shepherd it)
- Suggestion to convert MIME BNF to ABNF and publish as a separate
draft (Ned Freed agreed to do this)

WG Status:

1) EAI - waiting for the WG to finish POP3 and IMAP drafts. Some 
discussion about what to do next on the mailing list
2) Lemonade [In shutting down state] - Pushing dependencies for the
Lemonade Profile Bis out of the door (draft-ietf-sasl-scram-01.txt,
QRESYNC (draft-ietf-lemonade-5162bis-00.txt)). One informational
document is approved (Lemonade Notifications). Lemonade Streaming has an
outstanding DISCUSS.
3) LTRU - Lots of discussions about resolving my AD review and Apps 
Review Team review.
4) MORG - WGLC for 1 document has ended
5) VCARDDAV - Discussion about encoding Geo related information in 
vCards, some discussion about LDAP mapping for vCards.