Subject: [alto] IETF75 - Current status and agenda requests

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:14:04 +0200

Hi,

the ALTO WG will meet in Stockholm in a 2-hour session currently
scheduled for Tuesday July 28. As usual, we would like to make best use
of meeting time in order to progress the work the group has been
chartered for. At this time, the following are the high-priority documents:

- problem statement (draft-ietf-alto-problem-statement): WGLC ended on
  June 15 and the authors are now working on a new version that should
  reflect all the comments received. If any of the issues raised on the
  list require more than trivial editorial changes, I would very much
  like to see them addressed during this meeting;

- requirements (draft-ietf-alto-reqs): the WG agreed in San Francisco to
  keep the document alive for a while, on the one hand, not to commit
  now to something we may reconsider in the future, and, on the other
  hand, to reflect the consensus of the WG on relevant issues. There has
  recently been quite a lot of discussion regarding the kind of
  information to put/avoid in the ALTO protocol and this is probably an
  open issue deserving meeting time;

- protocol proposals: in SF we started a discussion about individual
  proposals and, more generally, solution approaches. Any update on them
  will be certainly of interest to the WG;

- discovery: two drafts dealing with discovery issues were presented in
  SF and a merge was announced. At an higher level, the topic was also
  addressed also during the APPAREA meeting, providing good input for
  the ALTO-specific work.

If you wish to request a slot on the agenda, please send Jon, Vijay and
me a short description of the topic and a pointer to the related drafts.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico