Subject: Alexey's Apps Area Activity Report for June 2009

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 21:46:09 +0100

Please let me know if you think the information below is not accurate.
==============================================
Document Status and Progress
Active documents, my action:
- draft-duerst-mailto-bis - promised Martin Dürst to review this document
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram (my own document) - need to update as per
channel bindings related changes in SASL GS2 draft.
- draft-ietf-webdav-bind (Experimental) - need to address 3 DISCUSSes
(Adrian, Robert, Cullen), in particular about the document "updating the
base WebDAV spec". Also need to approve erratum about IANA procedure for 
HTTP status code registrations.

Active documents in IETF LC or IESG review:
- draft-hollenbeck-rfc493*bis - in IESG review

In RFC Editor's queue:
- draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis (Informational)
- draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis (BCP)
- draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming (Informational)
- draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications (Informational)
- draft-crocker-email-arch (Informational)

Published as RFCs:
- draft-ncook-urlauth-accessid (Proposed Standard) - RFC 5593
- draft-thomson-beep-async (Experimental) - RFC 5573

Active documents, waiting on others:
- draft-dusseault-http-patch (Unknown) - waiting for shepherding 
write-up before requesting IETF LC

List of DISCUSSes I am currently holding:
Really Old:
draft-ietf-bfd-base-09.txt
draft-ietf-ipfix-file-03.txt
draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-04.txt
draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-11.txt
draft-mraihi-inch-thraud-08.txt

Old:
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-10.txt

New (last 2 weeks week):
draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-18.txt
draft-ietf-mipshop-mos-dns-discovery-06.txt
draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-09.txt
draft-ietf-dime-diameter-api-08.txt

Other activities/actions:
Done:
- Reviewed and approved most of the errata for various Lemonade and 
Sieve WG documents
- Approval of application/mp21 MIME type registation from ISO/IEC 
21000-9:2005/Amd.1:2008
- Migrated www.apps.ietf.org to another machine - most of the work was 
done by Ned Freed
- Discussed Timezone registry proposal with Cyrus Daboo - a presentation 
is coming in Stockholm
- Convinced Dave Cridland to post draft-cridland-acap-vendor-registry, 
which makes the ACAP vendor registry non-ACAP specific - to be reused by 
vCard 4.0 spec.

Ongoing:
- Request to review 2 new MIME type registrations (some activity on the
first 2):
   - Request for registration for 3gpp-ims+xml: waiting for the author 
to update the document referenced by the registration
   - Request for registration for multiple MIME types
     (<http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/draft-denenberg.html>)
     from Library of Congress: need to advise on the best way forward
     with this.

My action:
- Need to review OAuth document regarding possible reuse of SCRAM
- Need to post 4954bis (SMTP AUTH) in order to start moving it to Draft
Standard

Waiting for others:
- Suggestion to move LMTP to Standard Track (Ned Freed agreed to update
the document, Chris Newman agreed to shepherd it)
- Suggestion to convert MIME BNF to ABNF and publish as a separate
draft (Ned Freed agreed to do this)

WG Status:

1) EAI - updated IMAP and POP documents posted. A draft with EAI POP 
scenarios posted (individual submission), several other draft.
Some discussion about algorithmic construction of ASCII-only 
alt-addresses from Unicode versions
2) Lemonade [In shutting down state] - all documents are in RFC Editor's 
queue, 2 documents are in AUTH48 (Lemonade Notifications and Lemonade 
Profile Bis)
3) LTRU - all active documents approved for publication
4) MORG - multimailbox search draft was updated. Also some discussion 
about mail revocation (individual submission)
5) VCARDDAV - Discussions about LDAP mapping for vCards, timezone 
registry and new properties.