Subject: Lisa's Apps Area Activity Report for Jun 2009

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:58:45 -0700

*News, Updates*
Bar BoF planning: thx to MNot, we have a centralized place to
coordinate/inform:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/BarBofs/IETF75
     - IRIs
     - FTP? various extensions
     - 6LOWAPP: low power, grid and home device applications

BOFs:
   - OGPX: Proposed BOF on virtual worlds interoperability, more specific
than MMOX

APPAREA: topics on message recall, timezone registry, SCTP, FTP gateway for
IPv4/iPv6, and accepting other suggestions

*Document Status and Progress*
Active documents, my action:
- draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis (PS): checking with chair on whether the Last
Call issues were dealt with

Active documents, waiting on other:
- draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn (Exp): New version of draft expected
- draft-reschke-webdav-post (Exp): Cyrus Daboo is doing shepherd review and
writeup
- draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop (PS): Waiting on authors to respond to GenArt
review

Finished processing -- new in RFC Ed queue and new RFCs
-draft-livingood-woundy-p4p-experiences (Info): Approved-- announcement sent
-- soon to be in RFC Ed queue

*WG Status*

ALTO: Some discussion on problem statement and requirements drafts.
CALSIFY: RFC2445bis held up on code license issues.
HTTPBIS: Discussion on core specs issues, content-sniffing draft (not a WG
product)
IDNABIS:  New version on mapping:  please read
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings-01.  WG is calling
for rough consensus on its documents this summer.
OAUTH: Split document into 2: authentication and Web delegation
SIEVE:  A couple fresh drafts, but not much discussion

---

From: Anthony Bryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:13:45 -0400

Progress continues on the Metalink ID (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalink ).

With guidance from Eran Hammer-Lahav, we are focusing on the Metalink
XML file format. We've currently addressed all feedback, and welcome
more.

   Metalink is an XML-based document format that describes a file or
   lists of files to be added to a download queue.  Lists are composed
   of a number of files, each with an extensible set of attached
   metadata.  For example, each file can have a description, checksum,
   and list of URIs that it is available from.

   The primary use case that Metalink addresses is the description of
   downloadable content in a format so download agents can act
   intelligently and recover from common errors with little or no user
   interaction necessary.  These errors can include multiple servers
   going down and data corrupted in transmission.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Lisa Dusseault<[email-masked]> wrote:
> News, Updates
> Document Status and Progress
> WG Status
> _______________________________________________
> Apps-Discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss
>
>

-- 
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads