Subject: Alexey's Apps Area Activity Report for July-August 2009

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:42:23 +0100

Please let me know if you think the information below is not accurate.

==============================================
Document Status and Progress:

Active documents, my action:
- draft-ietf-webdav-bind (Experimental) - need to address 2 DISCUSSes
(Cullen, Robert), in particular about the document "updating the
base WebDAV spec".
- draft-reschke-rfc2731bis (None) - need to decide what to do with this 
document, in particular I am missing information about why RFC 2731 was 
published as Informational and who was the responsible AD.
- draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts (Proposed Standard) - deciding if I 
will sponsor this document. Need to tell authors results of an informal 
review.

Active documents in IETF LC or IESG review:
- draft-daboo-srv-email (Proposed Standard) - in IETF LC
- draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8 (Experimental) - IETF LC ended, hopefully 
will be reviewed by IESG on September 10th.

In RFC Editor's queue:
- draft-ietf-vcarddav-webdav-mkcol (Proposed Standard)
- draft-hollenbeck-rfc493*bis (Full Standard) - in AUTH48
- draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming (Informational) - in AUTH48
- draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis (Informational) - in AUTH48
- draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis (BCP) - in AUTH48

Published as RFCs:
- draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications (Informational) - RFC 5551
- draft-crocker-email-arch (Informational) - RFC 5598

Active documents, waiting on others:
- draft-dusseault-http-patch (Unknown) - waiting for shepherding
write-up before requesting IETF LC
- draft-duerst-mailto-bis - performed AD-style review, waiting for 
revised document before deciding how to progress it
- draft-ietf-eai-pop (Experimental) - new revision needed to address AD 
review
- draft-ietf-eai-downgraded-display (Experimental) - new revision needed 
to address AD review and comments from Harald Alvestrand
- draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav (Proposed Standard) - waiting for the 
author to respond to my AD review before deciding if the document should 
be revised or sent to IETF LC
- draft-klensin-ftp-registry (Proposed Standard) - waiting for new 
revision after my AD review.
- draft-cridland-acap-vendor-registry (Proposed Standard) - presented 
the draft during the Apps Area meeting in Stockholm. New revision needed.
- draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop (Proposed Standard) [as document shepherd] 
- waiting for the Sieve WG to come to consensus on the last remaining 
change to address Tim Polk's DISCUSS.

List of DISCUSSes I am currently holding:
Really Old (over 2 months):
draft-ietf-bfd-base-09.txt
draft-ietf-ipfix-file-03.txt
draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-04.txt
draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-11.txt
draft-mraihi-inch-thraud-08.txt
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-10.txt
draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-18.txt

Old (3 weeks - 2 months):
draft-ietf-nea-pb-tnc-04.txt - talked to NEA WG chairs in Stockholm 
about resolution. A way forward was agreed.

New or recently updated (last 3 weeks week):
draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock-09.txt
draft-ietf-dime-diameter-qos-11.txt
draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream-03.txt
draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07.txt
draft-ietf-ntp-dhcpv6-ntp-opt-04.txt
draft-ietf-ospf-hmac-sha-06.txt
draft-ietf-ospf-manet-or-02.txt
draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-09.txt [updated]
draft-wilde-sms-uri-19.txt [updated]
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-16.txt [updated]
draft-ietf-nea-pa-tnc-05.txt [updated]
draft-rosenberg-sip-app-media-tag-03.txt [for next week]

Other activities/actions:

Done:
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram (my own document) is finally in Publication 
Requested state (Pasi is the responsible AD)
- draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists (my own document) - posted 2 revisions 
(1 before Stockholm, 1 after)
- Reviewed and approved some of errata for documents in scope for the YAM WG
- initiated call for nominations for 4646bis IANA Expert Reviewer

Ongoing:
- Request to review 1 new MIME type registration (some activity on the
first 2):
   - Request for registration for 3gpp-ims+xml: discussion with 3GPP 
people about the best way to address IESG concern on stability of references
- OGPX chartering discussion
- Discussing possible BOFs for Hiroshima (HTTP State management, 
StringPrep, Generic Referral Objects (GROBJ), timezone registry)

My action:
- Need to finish IMAP Keyword registry document (Lisa agreed to sponsor 
the document)
- Need to review OAuth document regarding possible reuse of SCRAM
- Need to post 4954bis (SMTP AUTH) in order to start moving it to Draft
Standard

Waiting for others:
- Suggestion to move LMTP to Standard Track (Ned Freed agreed to update
the document, then responded that John Myers is interested to do this 
himself. Chris Newman agreed to shepherd it)
- Suggestion to convert MIME BNF to ABNF and publish as a separate
draft (Ned Freed agreed to do this)

WG Status:

1) EAI - active discussion about how to move Experimental documents to 
Standard Track (timeline, criteria) and on whether the downgrade 
document needs to be a part of the set moved to Standard Track. Some 
discussion about EAI IMAP, POP and downgraded display documents going to 
IETF LC/IESG review.
2) Lemonade [In shutting down state] - 1 remaining document is in AUTH48
3) LTRU - the 2 remaining documents are in AUTH48
4) MORG - some discussions with chairs about getting SORTDISPLAY and 
STATUS-in-LIST published
5) VCARDDAV - draft-ietf-vcarddav-webdav-mkcol-06.txt approved for 
publication. AD review of vCardDAV. Discussion about mapping of vCard to 
XML.
6) YAM - discussion about IESG review template for 8BITMIME document