Subject: [apps-discuss] Alexey's next to the last AD report

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:43:25 +0000

I meant to write a "Christmas edition" of my usual AD report, but things 
got a bit out of hand with trying to finish various IESG related tasks.

At the moment, I am holding a DISCUSS on a single document 
(draft-ietf-tls-rfc4347-bis-04 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-rfc4347-bis/>.txt), but 
this should be resolved before or around Prague. Other DISCUSSes were 
either cleared, or were taken by other ADs who would remain on IESG 
after Prague.

At the moment I am concentrating on finishing sponsoring of a few 
remaining drafts:

1) draft-ietf-httpbis-content-disp-06 - in IETF LC and I hope to get it 
approved on March 17th IESG telechat. If this doesn't happen, Peter will 
be taking over the sponsoring of this document.
2) draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-06 - I am trying to get this approved, 
but authors are not responding to my emails recently. Peter will take 
over this document, if I don't get it approved for publication.
3) draft-meadors-multiple-attachments-ediint-10 - This should be 
reviewed by IESG on March 17th. I am hoping this can get approved before 
my AD term ends at the end of March.
4) draft-salowey-secsh-uri-00 - Waiting for the author to revise the 
draft to address IETF LC comments. I am not certain that this document 
will be approved before Prague.
5) draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-10 - Reviewed by IESG. I need to enter 
some RFC Editor notes to address IESG and some IETF LC comments. I hope 
to get this approved before Prague.
6) draft-bryan-metalinkhttp-21 - In IESG review on March 3rd. Good 
effort from editors to clear DISCUSSes on the document. I am hoping to 
get this approved before Prague.

I am spending a significant amount of my time tracking EAI and HYBI WGs.
I am planning to close MORG WG before Prague.
I am hoping to either close or start rechartering discussion for YAM 
before Prague.

I am also trying to finish some IESG/IETF related projects:
1). Trying to finish Sieve External List (one of my documents) with 
Barry Leiba. Approval of this document would release 3 related Sieve RFCs.
2). Several related discussions on making URI/Media Type review 
processes easier and more transparent. I am hoping to discuss some 
proposed changes in Prague (during the Apps Area meeting), plus make 
some process/tool changes on IESG side (at least for MIME types)

If you think this list is missing something, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Alexey

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:52:50 +0000

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> 1) draft-ietf-httpbis-content-disp-06 - in IETF LC and I hope to get 
> it approved on March 17th IESG telechat. If this doesn't happen, Peter 
> will be taking over the sponsoring of this document.
> 2) draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-06 - I am trying to get this 
> approved, but authors are not responding to my emails recently. Peter 
> will take over this document, if I don't get it approved for publication.
> reviewed by IESG on March 17th. I am hoping this can get approved 
> before my AD term ends at the end of March.
> some RFC Editor notes to address IESG and some IETF LC comments. I 
> hope to get this approved before Prague.

If your document is not in this list, then it means that I wouldn't be 
able to sponsor it as an AD.
But I might be able to help you as an editor/document shepherd starting 
from April.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 09:31:46 -0700

> got a bit out of hand with trying to finish various IESG related tasks.

Thanks, Alexey! You're doing much better than I am on AD reports, but at
least I'm almost caught up on email...

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/