Subject: [apps-discuss] Conf call [10 AM ET/USA, 20May2011] for VDI discussion

From: Bhumip Khasnabish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:16:35 -0400

Based on our previous discussion on virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) in
this list
(see e.g.,
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg02310.html),
subsequent presentation during IETF-80 (
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/80/minutes/apparea.txt),
and  conf call (
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg02688.html)
we are planning to continue work on
developing the required architecture and requirements for VDI protocol and
API.
We are also looking for reports on VDI implementation experiences.

*Start Time:* 10 AM ET (NY/USA time), Friday 20 May 2011

*Conf bridge:* US Toll-free +1-866-710-5490

If the toll-free number does not work, pls use +001-203-875-8973,

*Passcode:* 204 1744#

General Agenda
VDI topics:
- Use cases, implementation experiences (to determine gaps)

- Protocol requirements, and APIs

- Others: Architecture, Security framework, ...

(problem statement draft is at
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/attachment/wiki/Clouds/draft-wang-appsawg-vdi-problem-statement-01minus.txt
 )

Note: All of the drafts and presentations are available at the following
Website:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/Clouds