Subject: [apps-discuss] may I have your permisison

From: Bhumip Khasnabish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:09:23 -0400

Hi Barry,

Can I distribute the JNSM CFP on CCNS (Cloud Computing, Networking, and
Services)
SI  to [email-masked] ?

Thanks for quick response.
Best.

Bhumip Khasnabish
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
+1-781-752-8003 (mobile)
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bhumipkhasnabish

                   __o
             _ `\ <, _
.......... ( • ) / ( • ) ......................

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 23:56:13 +0000

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Bhumip Khasnabish <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Services) SI  to [email-masked] ?

For the record, Bhumip accidentally sent this to the list as well as
to me, and we've had an off-list exchange about it.  It was an "oops",
but it was OK for him to post that CFP.

In general, I think -- and the ADs and/or my co-chairs might have
slightly different views here -- that it's OK to have on this list
*limited* non-IETF-related announcements that are of general interest
to the IETF App Area participants.  Requests to post those sorts of
things should always be cleared through the chairs,
<[email-masked]>... and please do NOT make the same
mistake and copy the list on your request.

Remember that the primary purpose of this list is to discuss things
directly related to IETF work in the Applications Area.  That can also
include proposed new work, and open discussion of new ideas is
encouraged.  At some point, new work, if there's enough interest, will
deserve its own list, and discussions would then be moved there.

A lot of this is "I know it when I see it," so keep in mind that we
want to encourage discussion, but we want it to be within the charter
of appsawg and the Applications Area in general.

Barry, as chair

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 11:30:39 +0100

>of appsawg and the Applications Area in general.
+1.