Subject: [apps-discuss] AppsArea topics for IETF81

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:52:45 -0600

Folks, your area directors and the APPSAWG chairs are working on an
agenda for IETF81. It appears that we have some free time in our 2-hour
slot, so if you have a topic you would like to discuss, please post to
this list or contact the ADs and APPSAWG chairs off-list.

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 20:00:40 -0400

If there's time, one of the draft authors or I would like a short slot
to talk about the weirds list and drafts, and what we're aiming to do.

A

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 04:52:45PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> apps-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 19:53:54 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Peter Saint-Andre
> Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:53 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [apps-discuss] AppsArea topics for IETF81
> 

So that I don't make a duplicate request, what do you have on there so far?

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 12:00:39 -0400

> So that I don't make a duplicate request, what do you have on there so far?

Here (below) is a very tentative agenda, subject to responses from all
the presenters and allocation of time.  It looks like we'll have a
nicely full agenda I think.  I'll post this to the meeting materials
as soon as things are a little more firm.

Barry, appsawg chair

--------------------------------------------------------

AppsAWG meeting agenda for IETF 81

*** DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT ***

Presenters MUST send presentation slides to the chairs by end of day on
Saturday, 23 July 2011.  Send PDF (preferred) or PPT to
<[email-masked]>

1. Agenda Bashing, and WG Status

2. Best Current Practices for Handling of Malformed Messages (Murray Kucherawy)
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-mta-malformed

3. The 'about' URI scheme (Joseph Holsten, Lachlan Hunt) ??
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme

4. Update to MIME regarding Charset Parameter Handling in Textual
Media Types (Alexey)
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-mime-default-charset

5. A JSON Media Type for Describing the Structure and Meaning of JSON
Documents (Kris Zyp)
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zyp-json-schema

6. Top Level Domain Name Specification (Joe Abley)
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liman-tld-names

7. Use of the "X-" Prefix in Application Protocols (Peter StAndre)
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saintandre-xdash

8. Discussion of other documents for AppsAWG.

-- Transition to Applications Area Open Meeting --

9. Overview of VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) work (Liang Liang)
   Drafts:
     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-appsawg-vdi-problem-statement
     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ma-appsawg-vdi-survey

10. WEIRDS work -- next-generation WHOIS technology (Andrew Sullivan)
    Mailing list: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds

11. Any other business / open mic
--------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 10:05:37 -0600

>    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zyp-json-schema

Unless his plans have changed, Kris won't be at IETF 81, so we'll need
to work with him and his co-author to find someone else to present.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 12:19:44 -0400

> to work with him and his co-author to find someone else to present.

Kris can present through Skype -- we can put a mic on a laptop.  I've
already had an exchange with him about it.

Barry

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:28:56 -0400

We now have a final agenda for the AppsAWG/AppsArea meeting.  Note
that because of scheduling issues, the meeting will be on Thursday
afternoon from 1520 to 1720 EDT -- not in the usual Monday morning
slot.  That also means it's 2 hours, rather than the original 2:30.
The agenda:

   http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/81/agenda/appsawg.txt

...is very full, and agenda time is tight.  We absolutely need all
presentation slides by the deadline (end of day on Saturday, 23 July;
see the agenda), and we'll be doing tight time management.  If we
don't have slides from you (or a confirmation that you won't be using
slides), we'll remove the item from the agenda and give the time back
to items we've had to shorten.  Please keep your slides and your
presentations brief and to the point, and let's have the time to have
the necessary discussions.

Because of the short time, we'll only be able to give the briefest
overviews of the documents under discussion.  Please read them in
advance -- there are links in the agenda.  Again, the priority is on
discussion, not presentation.

Barry, appsawg chair