Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-saintandre-xdash-03.txt

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:59:32 -0400

FYI. The authors have yet to incorporate any of the feedback from the
APPSAWG meeting yesterday.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-saintandre-xdash-03.txt
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 05:50:42 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Deprecating Use of the &quot;X-&quot; Prefix in
Application Protocols
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
                          D. Crocker
                          Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-saintandre-xdash-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-07-26

   Historically, there has often been a perceived distinction between
   &quot;standard&quot; and &quot;non-standard&quot; parameters (such as
media types and
   header fields), by prefixing the latter with the string &quot;X-&quot; or
   similar constructions (e.g., &quot;x.&quot;).

   In practice, this convention causes more problems than it solves.
   Therefore, this document deprecates the &quot;X-&quot; convention for
most
   application protocol parameters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xdash-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xdash-03.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:43:39 -0400

> APPSAWG meeting yesterday.

When the authors have incorporated said feedback, they are encouraged
to submit the result as "draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-00", which has been
pre-approved.

Barry, appsawg chair