Subject: [apps-discuss] HTML and 'about' URIs (again)

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:36:48 +0300

Hello,

Just now, I have received the "Editor's Response" on the issue regarding 
HTML5 and 'about' URIs (pleas see 
http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html on how the 
issues are processed; 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13719 for the issue 
itself).  Currently HTML5 draft is making reference to 
draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme; we did agree to accept it as APPSAWG 
document.  FYI, the final response was:

> Status: Rejected
> Change Description: no spec change
> Rationale: That is busy work. Please reopen when the IETF is done with its work
> on the about URL scheme and then we'll make the relevant changes.

W3C is planning to advance HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014, as far as I 
know, but nonetheless we should decide at least on the concepts of the 
document to let W3C know what they should fit HTML5 (with this respect) to.

I proposed to remove any reference to 'about' scheme spec from HTML5 
saying that such spec will do all necessary assignments, but the 
proposal was rejected.  So, taking the situation into account, I think 
it's time for WG chairs to act now and set the direction of the work.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev