Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] Multipart/report, draft-kucherawy-rfc3462bis-01.txt

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 16:23:40 +0200

On 31/Jul/11 06:22, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> It sounds like the path forward is to remove the restriction from
> multipart/report altogether, which is safe because it's already
> stated on MDN and DSN as well.

Yep, also on ARF.

> This would satisfy MARF's needs.

Possibly, I don't know what MIME container is being planned.  But to
remove the restriction on wrapped multipart/report entities is not the
same as to permit wrapped reports: one won't be able to say that a
wrapped entity /is/ a report, if a report has to be at top-level by
definition.  (Thus, this path doesn't also solve the futile question
of how to forward a DSN, say.)

For an unrelated nit, please remove the phrases like

   Although this memo defines only the use of the Multipart/Report
   content-type with respect to delivery status reports

As we have two more report types already, they look unsightly.

jm2c