Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-amundsen-item-and-collection-link-relations-02.txt

From: mike amundsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:18:02 -0400

All:

After some general discussion on the link-relations list [1][2], I am
posting my I-D here for comment (see below
for draft-amundsen-item-and-collection-link-relations-02.txt).

Assuming the I-D eventually passes muster here, I propose to send it the
rfc-editor it as an Individual Submission.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks.
Mike Amundsen

[1]
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/link-relations/current/msg00267.html
[2]
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/link-relations/current/msg00270.html

mca
http://amundsen.com/blog/
http://twitter.com@mamund
http://mamund.com/foaf.rdf#me

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 18:38
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-amundsen-item-and-collection-link-relations-02.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D,
draft-amundsen-item-and-collection-link-relations-02.txt has been
successfully submitted by Mike Amundsen and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-amundsen-item-and-collection-link-relations
Revision:        02
Title:           The Item and Collection Link Relations
Creation date:   2011-08-12
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 5

Abstract:
  RFC 5988 [RFC5988] standardized a means of indicating the
  relationships between resources on the Web. This specification
  defines a pair of reciprocal link relation types that may be used to
  express the relationship between a collection and its members.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

  Distribution of this document is unlimited.  Comments should be sent
  to the IETF Apps-Discuss mailing list (see
  &lt;https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss&gt;<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss>>
).

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 22:15:12 -0400

> rfc-editor it as an Individual Submission.

Mike, to clarify process here:

You need to either have an Area Director sponsor it as an INDIVIDUAL
submission, or send it to the Independent Stream Editor as an
INDEPENDENT submission.

Your draft doesn't specify a target status: whether you want it to be
Standards Track or Informational.  For Standards Track, only the
former option is available (AD-sponsored as individual submission).
For Informational, either option works.

Barry

---

From: mike amundsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 22:24:49 -0400

Barry:

Thanks for the clarification.
- Target status is Informational
- I plan an Independent Submission to [email-masked]

mca