Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] temporary timezone database home ...

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 23:09:37 -0700

Hi Robert,
At 21:47 06-10-2011, Robert Elz wrote:
>about that - if anyone is contacted by anyone who believes they should be
>on the list, but is no longer receiving messages, direct them to the iana
>website for list subscriptions.

https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/tz

>Second, regardless of this, the world's governments continue to adjust
>their view of their local timezones & summer time adjustments, so we
>need to continue updating the database (at least).   There are several
>updates that will be needed soon.
>
>For now, until someone else volunteers, I'm prepared to make the updates,

Thanks for volunteering.  As draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-04 has 
already been approved by the IESG for publication as a BCP, I suggest 
that the TZ mailing list reaches consensus for you to fulfill the 
role of TZ Coordinator.

Regards,
-sm