Subject: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3462bis-02.txt> (The Multipart/Report Media Type for the Reporting of Mail System Administrative Messages) to Full Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:35:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'The Multipart/Report Media Type for the Reporting of Mail System
   Administrative Messages'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3462bis-02.txt> as an Internet Standard.

(Note: A Last call was previously made to consider this document for
Draft Standard. The IESG has asked, and the Working Group has
agreed, to process this document under the new RFC 6410 procedure
as an Internet Standard.)

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The multipart/report Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)
   media type is a general "family" or "container" type for electronic
   mail reports of any kind.  Although this memo defines only the use of
   the multipart/report media type with respect to delivery status
   reports, mail processing programs will benefit if a single media type
   is used for all kinds of reports.

   This memo obsoletes RFC3462.  The IESG is also requested to mark
   RFC1892 and RFC3462 as "historic".

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3462bis/

Implementation Report can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation/report-rfc1891-1894.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3462bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.