Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] Civil suit; ftp shutdown; mailing list shutdown

From: John Hawkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 22:33:05 -0400

[ Sorry for the delay, I was not on apps-discuss and hadn't reviewed the
archives until just now. ]

Martin J. Duerst <duerstatit.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote on Fri,  7 Oct 2011
at 14:21:01 +0900 in <[email-masked]>:

> First, to ask the judge for a temporary permission (there's a better
> legal term, but IANAL) to keep the database up until the law suit is
> settled (because the database is probably down now due to a
> temporary order from the judge to that effect) because of its high
> practical importance.

You are incorrect, there have been no orders issued by the judge,
and it is highly unlikely that the court will issue a preliminary
injunction prior to allowing both sides to brief the case.

One might conclude that legal counsel have advised the defendants
(Arthur David Olson and Paul Eggert) to do so. On the tz list, it was
speculated that this related to damages in the potential event oftheir
losing the suit.

I will keep the [email-masked] list up to date with filings in the case,
as I am privileged to receive email updates from the Court.

Issues with RECAP are fixed now,  so
http://www.archive.org/download/gov.uscourts.mad.139342/gov.uscourts.mad.139342.docket.html
and also these presentations that lag it by a bit that some might prefer:
http://archive.recapthelaw.org/mad/139342/
http://www.archive.org/details/gov.uscourts.mad.139342/

should be up to-date (I will commit to keeping it up to date within a
day, and probably more like within the hour, of any court filings).

[email-masked]
  John Hawkinson