Subject: [apps-discuss] Apps Area Directorate Report for December 2011

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:07:58 -0800

Hello,

The Applications Area Directorate provides semi-formal reviews of 
Internet-Drafts as a way to improve the quality of IETF 
specifications.  The directorate consists of the Working Group Chairs 
of the Applications Area and recognized experts in the Applications Area.

The name was changed from "Review Team" to "Directorate" because, 
among other things, it will be easier for folks to justify these 
activities to their manager if they're involved in the "Applications 
Area Directorate".  The archive of the mailing list (appsdir) used by 
the directorate is at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/appsdir/current/maillist.html

All reviews are posted to the apps-discuss mailing list as it may 
help future authors and to encourage open discussion.  Authors of 
drafts sometimes disagree about the issues raised by a 
reviewer.  I'll quote some advice from Barry Leiba, "make sure that 
it's clear how those substantive issues have been addressed, or why 
they don't matter".

The following reviews were performed in December 2011:

    Reviewer             I-D

  Dave Cridland       draft-arkko-ipv6-only-experience-04
  S. Moonesamy        draft-ietf-marf-authfailure-report-05
  Larry Masinter      draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-01
  Jiankang Yao        draft-gregorio-uritemplate-07
  Claudio Allocchio   draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps-11
  Tobias Gondrom      draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-04
  Julian Reschke      draft-ietf-mile-rfc6046-bis-03
  Ted Hardie          draft-ietf-geopriv-deref-protocol-04
  Eliot Lear          draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-05
  Yoshiro Yoneya      draft-ohye-canonical-link-relation-04
  Joseph Yee          draft-jiang-a6-to-historic-00
  Salvatore Loreto    draft-daboo-webdav-sync-06

Pending reviews are listed at http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/report/1

The Applications Area Directorate currently comprises 33 members, 
including one member currently on leave.  Tobias Gondrom, William 
Mills, Jiankang Yao and Yoshiro Yoneya joined the directorate after IETF 82.

The directorate performed 12 reviews in December.  There were 35 Apps 
reviews in 2010 and 42 in 2011.  The top three reviewers for the year are:

                       Reviews
   S. Moonesamy          4
   Murray S. Kucherawy   3
   Ted Hardie            3

The were reviews of drafts from 22 working groups, 19 of which fall 
outside the Applications Area.  I requested feedback about the 
reviews and I received one response (thanks, Peter Saint-Andre).

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
On behalf of the Applications Area Directorate
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate