Subject: [apps-discuss] Apps Dir review for: draft-daboo-webdav-sync-06

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:33:58 +0200

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for 
this draft
(for background on appsdir, please see 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments 
you may receive.
Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before 
posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-daboo-webdav-sync-06

Title: Collection Synchronization for WebDAV
Reviewer: Salvatore Loreto
Review Date: 2011-12-18
IESG Telechat Date: 2012-01-05

Summary:
This draft is almost ready for publication as an Informational RFC but 
has a few issues that should be fixed before publication.

Major Issues:
---

Minor Issues:

Abstract:

     expand the WebDAV acronym on the first use.

3.2 DAV:sync-collection Report

    Preconditions:

       (DAV:valid-sync-token): The DAV:sync-token element value MUST be a
       valid token previously returned by the server.

please clarify that the token is collection specific, so it needs to be 
originated
from the same collection.

6.3 DAV:multistatus XML Element

	<!ELEMENT multistatus (DAV:response*, DAV:responsedescription?,
	                          sync-token?)>

remove the DAV: prefix.

Nits:

References:

- draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav has been published as RFC 6352
- the nits tools also report the following error:
           Downref: Normative reference to an Experimental RFC: RFC 5842

best regards
Salvatore Loreto

-- 
www.sloreto.com