Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-ohye-canonical-link-relation-04

From: Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 18:20:14 +0900

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.  Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ohye-canonical-link-relation-04
Title: The Canonical Link Relation
Reviewer: Yoshiro Yoneya
Review Date: 2011-12-15
IETF Last Call Date: 2011-12-29
IESG Telechat Date: 2012-01-05

Summary:

This draft is almost ready for publication as an Informational RFC but
has a few issues that should be fixed before publication.

Major Issues:

- Section 8: Internationalisation Considerations

  Refering whole [RFC3986] is too broad. As noted in IESG writeups, this
  section should refer to section 8 of [RFC5988].

Minor Issues:

- Section3: The Canonical Link Relation

  Using similar terms such as canonical URI, target URI, and canonical
  target are confusing.  Including reference or definition of these
  terms is preferrable.

Nits:

- Abstract

  "canonical," -> "canonical",

Regards,

-- 
Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:31:26 -0700

<hat type='shepherd'/>

>   section should refer to section 8 of [RFC5988].

Yes, that would be better.

>   target are confusing.  Including reference or definition of these

I think it would be clearer to use only the term from RFC 5988 (i.e.,
"target IRI").

Thanks for the review!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/