Subject: [apps-discuss] RFC 6729 on Indicating Email Handling States in Trace Fields

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 14:22:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6729

        Title:      Indicating Email Handling States in 
                    Trace Fields 
        Author:     D. Crocker, M. Kucherawy
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24665
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-received-state-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6729.txt

This document registers a trace field clause for use in indicating
transitions between handling queues or processing states, including
enacting inter- and intra-host message transitions.  This might
include message quarantining, mailing list moderation, timed
delivery, queuing for further analysis, content conversion, or other
similar causes, as well as optionally identifying normal handling
queues.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC