Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:02:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Additional Media Type Structured Syntax Suffixes
	Author(s)       : Tony Hansen
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-09-13

Abstract:
   A content media type name sometimes includes partitioned meta-
   information distinguish by a Structured Syntax, to permit noting an
   attribute of the media as a suffix to the name.  This document
   defines several Structured Syntax Suffixes for use with media type
   registrations.  In particular, it defines and registers the "+json",
   "+ber", "+der", "+fastinfoset", "+wbxml" and "+zip" Structured Syntax
   Suffixes, and updates the "+xml" Message Type Structured Syntax
   Suffix registration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 18:42:30 +0100

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs

I just posted a new version that contains some additional changes 
suggested by Tony: basically better text describing dangers of updating 
fragment identifier rules for either a suffix or a particular media 
type. I think this includes much better text than the one I wrote for -03.

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 13:02:28 -0700

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Alexey Melnikov
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> I just posted a new version that contains some additional changes suggested
> by Tony: basically better text describing dangers of updating fragment
> identifier rules for either a suffix or a particular media type. I think
> this includes much better text than the one I wrote for -03.

To everyone that's looked at and commented on earlier versions: Please
give this a once-over and let us know if you think it's ready to go.

-MSK

---

From: [email-masked] (Henry S. Thompson)
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:26:07 +0100

Alexey Melnikov writes:

> suggested by Tony: basically better text describing dangers of
> updating fragment identifier rules for either a suffix or a particular
> media type. I think this includes much better text than the one I
> wrote for -03.

I agree that covering both cases is good.  I did have to read the two
new bits in section 5 several times before I was sure I understood the
two cases.

Could I suggest a small change which might improve understanding:

  When updating the fragment identifier processing rules for a
  specific media type,
-->
  When updating the fragment identifier processing rules for a
  specific xxx/yyy+<suffix> media type,

I think this is good to go -- thanks for getting it over the line.

ht
-- 
       Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
      10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: [email-masked]
                       URL: http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/
 [mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:15:10 +0100

Hi Henri,

> I think this is good to go -- thanks for getting it over the line.

Thanks for the comment, updated my copy.

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 22:08:41 -0400

> Thanks for the comment, updated my copy.

works for me

     Tony Hansen