Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-snell-merge-patch-08.txt

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 14:27:22 -0800

Minor update to clarify a couple of the rules around nulls in the provided
data. I'm considering making this a standards track independent submission
but want to do an informal last call here before asking it to be
submitted...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-snell-merge-patch-08.txt
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-snell-merge-patch-08.txt
has been successfully submitted by James M Snell and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-snell-merge-patch
Revision:        08
Title:           The application/json-merge-patch Media Type
Creation date:   2013-01-07
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 9
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-snell-merge-patch-08.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-snell-merge-patch
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-merge-patch-08
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-snell-merge-patch-08

Abstract:
   This specification defines the application/json-merge-patch media
   type and it's intended use with the HTTP PATCH method defined by RFC
   5789.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 21:35:40 -0500

> but want to do an informal last call here before asking it to be

I presume you mean "standards track INDIVIDUAL submission" sponsored
by an AD.  Independent submissions (those sent directly to the RFC
Editor and published in the Independent Stream) can't be Standards
Track.

Barry

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 18:36:34 -0800

Oh right.. sorry... :)

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 21:42:18 -0500

>> Editor and published in the Independent Stream) can't be Standards

I really do wish we hadn't called the two things by names that are
sufficiently similar so as to be *very* frequently confused and
confusing.

Sigh.

b