Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-nea-pt-eap-06

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:27:56 +0000

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for 
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see ​ 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.  Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-nea-pt-eap-06
Title: PT-EAP: Posture Transport (PT) Protocol For EAP Tunnel Methods
Reviewer: Alexey Melnikov
Review Date: 2013-01-17
IETF Last Call Date: 2013-01-16
IESG Telechat Date: unknown

Summary:

This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC, with 
some minor issues with references.

Major Issues:
   none

Minor Issues:

TEAP reference is normative, as it is mandatory-to-implement. (last 
sentence in 4.3). Also, is last sentence of 4.3 is contradicting the 2nd 
paragraph in Section 5?

Similarly, tls-unique reference looks normative as well.

Nits:
  none

---

From: "Nancy Cam-Winget (ncamwing)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 02:49:57 +0000

Hi Alexey,

Many thanks for the review and apologies for the delayed response.

You are right, I was remiss in doing a full update when we switched to
include TEAP as the MTI method, so will move its reference to
normative….similarly, I will do the same for tls-unique.

Thanks again,
   Nancy.

---

From: "Nancy Cam-Winget (ncamwing)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 03:22:40 +0000

Forgot to also thank you for catching the inconsistency in Section 5, will
change it to state that TEAP is the mandatory to implement tunnel method.

Thanks!
  Nancy.