Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-wilde-xml-patch-01

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:57:02 +0100

hello.

the two main changes in this updated version are as follows:

- the media type now is application/xml-patch+xml, since the new media 
type suffix registry says that media types should use registered suffixes.

- http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-xml-patch-01#appendix-B now 
contains an ABNF grammar that has been reverse-engineered from the 
XSD-based grammar in RFC 5261. this should make it easier to implement 
the spec.

thanks and cheers,

dret.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-wilde-xml-patch-01.txt
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 02:43:50 -0800
From: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-wilde-xml-patch-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Erik Wilde and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-wilde-xml-patch
Revision:	 01
Title:		 A Media Type for XML Patch Operations
Creation date:	 2013-01-16
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 10
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wilde-xml-patch-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-xml-patch
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-xml-patch-01
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wilde-xml-patch-01

Abstract:
    The XML Patch media type "application/xml-patch+xml" defines an XML
    document structure for expressing a sequence of patch operations that
    are applied to an XML document.  The XML Patch document format's
    foundations are defined in RFC 5261, this specification defines a
    document format and a media type registration, so that XML Patch
    documents can be labeled with a media type, for example in HTTP
    conversations.

Note to Readers

    This draft should be discussed on the apps-discuss mailing list [8].
    Online access to all versions and files is available at github [9].