Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-05

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:40:56 +0000

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for 
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see ​ 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.  Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-05
Title: Certificate Transparency
Reviewer: Alexey Melnikov
Review Date: 2013-01-21
IETF Last Call Date: 2013-01-24
IESG Telechat Date: unknown

Summary:

This draft is nearly ready for publication as an Experimental RFC. I 
think a revision should be able to address my issues (and issues raised 
by Eliot earlier).

Major Issues:
   none

Minor Issues:

1) There are no references for SHA-256/TLS/RSA in the document. They are 
Normative and should be added.

2) Section 4 needs references for JSON, base64 and HTTP.

3) Section 4.1: it would be good to have an example.

4) In 4.5/4.6: are indexes 0-based or 1-based?

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:16:18 +0000

On 21 January 2013 18:40, Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for this
> draft (for background on appsdir, please see
> This draft is nearly ready for publication as an Experimental RFC. I think a
> revision should be able to address my issues (and issues raised by Eliot
> earlier).
>
> Major Issues:
>   none
>
> Minor Issues:
>

Done.

> 2) Section 4 needs references for JSON, base64 and HTTP.

Done.

> 3) Section 4.1: it would be good to have an example.

Why 4.1 particularly?

> 4) In 4.5/4.6: are indexes 0-based or 1-based?

0-based.