Subject: [apps-discuss] Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-17

From: Yves Lafon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 10:27:18 -0500 (EST)

All,
I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see [1]).

Document: draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-17
Title: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) IPv4 and IPv6 Option for 
a Location Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
Reviewer: Yves Lafon
Review Date: 5 February 2013

Summary: This draft looks good to go, some minor clarification requested 
on possibly too restrictive URI considerations, see below.

Major Issues: none

Minor Issues:
The premise is that the use of this option will send a URI that needs to
be dereferenced to retrieve a Location Object.
Based on that, the restriction on data URIs seems too strong, why not
restricting its use to only the ones labelled with the 
'application/pidf+xml' media type (or better, a list specified in a 
registry)?
Also, it is unclear that application/pidf+xml forbid in its format 
scripting (in fact, looking at the Schema definition in RFC3863, it does 
not).
HTH,

[1] <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate>

-- 
Baroula que barouleras, au tiéu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves