Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-leiba-urnbis-ietf-namespace-02

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:32:39 -0700

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for
this draft (for background on AppsDir, please see ​
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate
).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-leiba-urnbis-ietf-namespace-02
Title: Registration of Second-Level URN Namespaces Under "ietf"
Reviewer: Peter Saint-Andre
Review Date: 2013-02-14
IETF Last Call Date: Not known
IESG Telechat Date: 2013-02-21

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as Informational. One
issue that should be investigated before publication is listed below.

Major Issues: 0
Minor Issues: 1
Nits: 0

Does the specification truly and substantively update RFC 2648 and RFC
3553? It appears to clarify the names and organization of the relevant
IANA registrations, but not to modify the substance of those earlier RFCs.

Peter

- -- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:56:48 -0500

> IANA registrations, but not to modify the substance of those earlier RFCs.

Robert Sparks has filed a DISCUSS ballot on the same issue.  I believe
it does, though the IESG is not clear about what "updates" means
(something we're working on).  I'll reply in more detail on Robert's
DISCUSS, and include apps-discuss in my reply.

Barry