Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-wilde-xml-patch-04.txt

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:35:32 +0100

hello.

this version is almost identical with the previous one, but instead of 
linking to errata, the draft now is written as an update of RFC 5261. 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-xml-patch-04#appendix-A lists all 
the updates to the RFC, and the XML Patch draft then refers to these 
updates where it needs to. this should make the draft more 
self-contained, so that it can progress without any dependencies on 
errata. it also makes it easier for implementers, all they need to do is 
read the spec, and RFC 5261. as usual, feedback is very welcome.

cheers,

dret.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-wilde-xml-patch-04.txt
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 06:54:04 -0800
From: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-wilde-xml-patch-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Erik Wilde and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-wilde-xml-patch
Revision:	 04
Title:		 A Media Type for XML Patch Operations
Creation date:	 2013-02-21
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 17
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wilde-xml-patch-04.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-xml-patch
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-xml-patch-04
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wilde-xml-patch-04

Abstract:
    The XML Patch media type "application/xml-patch+xml" defines an XML
    document structure for expressing a sequence of patch operations that
    are applied to an XML document.  The XML Patch document format's
    foundations are defined in RFC 5261, this specification defines a
    document format and a media type registration, so that XML Patch
    documents can be labeled with a media type, for example in HTTP
    conversations.

    In addition to the media type registration, this specification also
    updates RFC 5261 in some aspects, limiting these updates to cases
    where RFC 5261 needed to be fixed, or was hard to understand.