Subject: [apps-discuss] AppsDir reivew of draft-templin-ironbis

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 00:35:12 -0800 (PST)

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate (appsdir) reviewer
for this draft.  (For background on appsdir, please see
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may
receive.  Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before
posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-templin-ironbis-12
Title: The Intradomain Routing Overlay Network (IRON)
Reviewer: Murray S. Kucherawy
Review Date: February 20, 2013
IETF Last Call Date: January 30, 2013
IESG Telechat Date: February 21, 2013

Summary: This document appears to be ready for evaluation and approval.
However, most of the content exceeds my areas of expertise, so I have
focused only on trying to find those parts that appear likely to affect
applications in a direct way, or on IETF procedural points.

Apologies for the tardiness of the review.

Major Issues: None.  This appears like interesting work, but I infer
from the document's content that most of the work here concerns operations
well below and thus not visible to the application layer.

Minor Issues: The [RO-CR] and [SAMPLE] references don't appear to point to
I-Ds, though they say "Work in Progress".  If they are I-Ds, they should be
named; if not, I don't believe those references are complete.  Where are
they published?

Nits: I couldn't parse the last sentence of Section 10:

   IRON does not otherwise introduce any new issues to complications raised
   for NAT traversal or for applications embedding address referrals
   in their payload.

"issues to complications raised"?

---

From: "Fred L. Templin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 10:46:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello Murray,

Thank you for these comments, and apologies for the delay. In the interest of seeking
closure, please see below for proposed resolutions.

Fred
[email-masked]

>________________________________
> From: Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
>Cc: [email-masked] 
>Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:35 AM
>Subject: AppsDir reivew of draft-templin-ironbis
> 

These references do have corresponding I-Ds. The I-Ds will be identified
in the next document version.

>"issues to complications raised"?

Here is a proposed rewrite:

  " IRON does not otherwise introduce any new complications for NAT traversal or
    for applications embedding address referrals in their payload."