Subject: [apps-discuss] AppsDir review of draft-schaad-pkix-rfc2875-bis-07

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:30:22 +0800

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see ​
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate ).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-schaad-pkix-rfc2875-bis-07
Title: Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
Reviewer: Tobias Gondrom
Review Date: 18.03.2013

Summary: This draft is good work and almost ready for publication as
Standards Track RFC

Please clean up a number of spelling errors, mostly in section 1, a few
downward refs in the idnits and one minor question.

Comments/Questions:
- section 4.1.  ASN.1 Encoding
This question may be outdated, but would it be worth to mention in the
section to which ASN.1 version the spec is conform?

- Nits:
section 1:
s/Among the responsibilities of a Certificate Authority in issuing a
certificates/Among the responsibilities of a Certificate Authority in
issuing certificates
s/ and that it verify that/ and that it verifies that
s/requester of the certificate is call/requester of the certificate is
called
s/Two methods use the the key agreement process/Two methods use the key
agreement process
(there might be more...)

Reference Errors:
  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 2104

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 2986

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 6234

Best regards, Tobias