Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-02.txt

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:32:56 -0700

A new version of I-D, draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Erik Wilde and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type
Revision:	 02
Title:		 eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) Media Type
Creation date:	 2013-03-26
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 9
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-02.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-02
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-02

Abstract:
    This specification registers an XML-based media type for the
    eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML).

Note to Readers

    This draft should be discussed on the apps-discuss mailing list.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:36:46 -0400

Hi, Erik.

As far as I can tell at a brief glance, this is only a media type
registration, for something that's documented in an OASIS document.  Is
that correct?

If so, then you needn't even publish this as an RFC at all.  You can make
the media type registration on behalf of OASIS directly to IANA, using the
form on the media types IANA page, requesting a registration in the
standards tree for an SDO.

In any case, you should post a pointer to this I-D to <[email-masked]>,
so the media types crowd can review it.

Barry

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013, Erik Wilde wrote:

> A new version of I-D, draft-sinnema-xacml-media-**type-02.txt
> URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-**drafts/draft-sinnema-xacml-**
> media-type-02.txt<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-02.txt>
> Status: http://datatracker.ietf.org/**doc/draft-sinnema-xacml-media-**type<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type>
> Htmlized: http://tools.ietf.org/html/**draft-sinnema-xacml-media-**type-02<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-02>
> Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?**url2=draft-sinnema-xacml-**
> media-type-02<http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-02>
>
> Abstract:
> ______________________________**_________________
> apps-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/apps-discuss<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss>
>

---

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 18:27:28 -0700

hello barry.

> registration, for something that's documented in an OASIS document.  Is

close (XACML is defined in various OASIS specs), but not 100% (there is 
no single OASIS document tying the various versions together). we do 
have things in there that are not specified anywhere else, which is why 
we chose to go the IETF route where we can publish and discuss drafts.

> If so, then you needn't even publish this as an RFC at all.  You can
> make the media type registration on behalf of OASIS directly to IANA,
> using the form on the media types IANA page, requesting a registration
> in the standards tree for an SDO.

that's good to know. for now, we would like to continue the route we 
have been preparing, if that is possible. our main goal was to have a 
way how we can make this work public and discuss it before we simply 
declare it registered.

> In any case, you should post a pointer to this I-D to
> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>, so the media types
> crowd can review it.

ok, i just did that. please let me know if anything speaks against 
keeping this on its current path. thanks and cheers,

dret.

-- 
erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked]  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |
            | http://dret.net/netdret http://twitter.com/dret |