Subject: [apps-discuss] Applications Area Directorate review of draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-dpa-etal-00

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 10:21:41 -0800

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer
for this draft (for background on appsdir, please see
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate
).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-dpa-etal
Title: Deprecation of BGP Path Attributes DPA, ADVERTISER and
RCID_PATH /CLUSTER_ID
Reviewer: Ted Hardie
Review Date:March 8, 2013

Summary: This document is ready for publication.   It is currently
marked as Informational, but it could also be appropriate as a
Standards action.

Major Issues:

RFC 4271 says that additions to the relevant IANA registry require
either standards action or must follow an early allocation policy (RFC
4020).
It does not specify the requirements for deprecation; if the IESG
believes that standards action is also required for deprecation, then
this document
should be updated to standards track.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:26:33 -0500

Thanks for doing the review, Ted.

> this document should be updated to standards track.

And, indeed, on 21 Feb a second last-call notice was sent out with
this annotation:

> This document was previously Last Called as Informational. However it
> deprecates codepoints that were created by Standards Track documents.
> It is therefore being re Last Called as a Proposed Standard. The
> text change to PS is provided via an RFC Editor Note in the tracker.

Barry, who would have rather seen it done by a management action

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 10:50:42 -0800

> Barry, who would have rather seen it done by a management action

Great, thanks for the note; I had missed the second last call.

Ted