Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-merkle-ikev2-ke-brainpool-03

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 23:27:47 -0700

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer 
for this draft (for background on APPSDIR, please see 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate ).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments 
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document 
shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-merkle-ikev2-ke-brainpool-03
Title: Using the ECC Brainpool Curves for IKEv2 Key Exchange
Reviewer: S. Moonesamy
Review Date: March 25, 2013
IETF Last Call Date: February 26, 2013

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC

This document specifies specifies the use of ECC Brainpool elliptic 
curve groups for key exchange in the Internet Key Exchange version 2 
(IKEv2) protocol.  It requests the registration of the Transform Type 
4 - Diffie-Hellman Group Transform IDs in the Internet Key Exchange 
Version 2 (IKEv2) Parameters registry.

I did not verify the test vectors in Appendix A.  I did not find any 
application considerations in the document.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Regards,
S. Moonesamy