Subject: [apps-discuss] FW: New Version Notification for draft-mavrogiannopoulos-tpmuri-00.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:36:24 +0000

Hi all

In January, we submitted an I-D that described how you can identify keys
that are stored inside a TPM. Just recently we learned that it might be of
interest for the the appsarea to discuss this I-D.

This proposal has been inspired by the PKCS#11 URI. We believe that those
URIs are a great possibility to identify keys stored in security modules
in order to use them for instance in standard TLS libraries. Although the
TPM has a PKCS#11 interface (well let's put it like this:  it is possible
to create a PKCS#11 interface around a TPM), it is much more common and
powerful to work without such an interface. Therefore we propose to define
another URI for TPM secured keys.

Best regards
Carolin

On 1/18/13 1:48 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-mavrogiannopoulos-tpmuri-00.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Carolin Latze and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-mavrogiannopoulos-tpmuri
>Revision:	 00
>Title:		 The TPMKEY URI Scheme
>Creation date:	 2013-01-18
>WG ID:		 Individual Submission
>Number of pages: 6
>URL:             
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mavrogiannopoulos-tpmuri-00.txt
>Status:          
>http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mavrogiannopoulos-tpmuri
>Htmlized:        
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mavrogiannopoulos-tpmuri-00
>
>
>Abstract:
>   This memo specifies a TPMKEY Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Scheme
>   for identifying cryptographic keys stored in TPM chips and access
>   using the TCG Software Stack (TSS).  The URI is based on how TPM keys
>   are identified in the TSS specification.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>