Subject: [apps-discuss] draft-nottingham-json-home-02

From: "Ted M. Young [@jitterted]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:36:02 -0700

I see that this draft has expired. Is there an -03 coming up (I see it in
your github)? We're implementing it in a RESTful experiment and it'd be
nice if it were still considered active (not that expiration would stop us
for this experiment).

Also, I've been trying to find if there's been discussion around the name
of the media type, i.e., /json-home vs. /home+json. I don't want to beat a
dead horse if this has already been discussed and the reasons explained.

Thanks,
;ted

--
http://about.me/tedmyoung

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:59:53 +1000

On 30/04/2013, at 8:36 AM, Ted M. Young [@jitterted] <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I see that this draft has expired. Is there an -03 coming up (I see it in your github)? We're implementing it in a RESTful experiment and it'd be nice if it were still considered active (not that expiration would stop us for this experiment).

Oh, it's still active, just a slow burner. Once we get HTTP/1.1 to bed, i'll be spending some more time on it.

> Also, I've been trying to find if there's been discussion around the name of the media type, i.e., /json-home vs. /home+json. I don't want to beat a dead horse if this has already been discussed and the reasons explained.

I think it's likely the media type will change at some point, as we'll probably be making breaking changes before it's done.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:56:02 -0700

hello ted.

On 2013-04-29 15:36 , Ted M. Young [@jitterted] wrote:
> I see that this draft has expired. Is there an -03 coming up (I see it
> in your github)? We're implementing it in a RESTful experiment and it'd
> be nice if it were still considered active (not that expiration would
> stop us for this experiment).

we're implementing -02 as well, and -03 hopefully isn't too far away.

> Also, I've been trying to find if there's been discussion around the
> name of the media type, i.e., /json-home vs. /home+json. I don't want to
> beat a dead horse if this has already been discussed and the reasons
> explained.

as mark said, it probably will end up following the new suffix 
convention. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-home-xml is the XML 
version of the same model (it is supposed to be in sync with the current 
JSON-based spec), and uses application/home+xml as media type.

cheers,

dret.

-- 
erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked]  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |
            | http://dret.net/netdret http://twitter.com/dret |