Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-14.txt

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 00:48:59 -0700

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 6:50 AM, Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Nits:
>         Section 2.6 and Section 8 appear to duplicate a lot of similar
> information. Please consider trimming down Section 2.6 and have it refer to
> Section 8 for full details.
>
>
>
Hi Cyrus,

There is a little duplication in there that I'm attempting to help the
editor to reduce to a minimum.  It's intentional, however, because the WG
concluded it was necessary to separate the list of possible SPF results
from any kind of normative statements (or even inference) about what an
operator should do with one of those results.  Thus, 2.6 lists protocol
elements, and 8 is basically some operational discussion.

I may also say the above in a more condensed form just so it's clear why
the apparent duplication exists.

Thanks for the review,

-MSK