Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] draft-nottingham-json-home-02

From: Nick Lombard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 19:50:58 +0200

Hi

On 30 April 2013 02:59, Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> Oh, it's still active, just a slow burner. Once we get HTTP/1.1 to bed,
> i'll be spending some more time on it.
>

@Mark I can help dust off the cob-webs and keep it simmering on track for
you while you are otherwise occupied, if that would help.

Besides lining things up with Erik Wilde's XML clone is there anything
anyone would like to add at this point?

If memory serves I created a project on GitHub at some point for an open
source reference implementation, although I can't find it now but that is
easily rectified. I know there were requests previously made for this on
list. Is it still something of interest, is there anything specific which
you would like to see implemented? @Ted M. Young perhaps you have something
you can contribute already, would you like to be involved? If anyone else
has some spare time to squeeze off with an interest to see a reference
implementation materialise, lets hear from you too.

Many hands makes lighter load.

nickl

---

From: Jan Algermissen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 20:10:41 +0200

On 09.05.2013, at 19:50, Nick Lombard <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Oh, it's still active, just a slow burner. Once we get HTTP/1.1 to bed, i'll be spending some more time on it.
> 
> @Mark I can help dust off the cob-webs and keep it simmering on track for you while you are otherwise occupied, if that would help.
> 
> Besides lining things up with Erik Wilde's XML clone is there anything anyone would like to add at this point?

This is still on my list, because if not addressed it IMHO leads to a need for specifying unnecessary link relation types:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg09238.html

Note to implementors: it is something that would be an incompatible change to the format.

Jan

> 
> If memory serves I created a project on GitHub at some point for an open source reference implementation, although I can't find it now but that is easily rectified. I know there were requests previously made for this on list. Is it still something of interest, is there anything specific which you would like to see implemented? @Ted M. Young perhaps you have something you can contribute already, would you like to be involved? If anyone else has some spare time to squeeze off with an interest to see a reference implementation materialise, lets hear from you too.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> apps-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

---

From: "Ted M. Young [@jitterted]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 13:55:36 -0700

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Nick Lombard <[email-masked]> wrote:

> you can contribute already, would you like to be involved?
>

I don't have much of anything yet, but I did come across this just the
other day: https://github.com/otto-de/jsonhome, which looks like a pretty
complete implementation. I'm trying to figure out if I can make use of it
outside Spring MVC (and if not, whether it's close enough to my needs to
fork).

;ted

> If anyone else has some spare time to squeeze off with an interest to see
> a reference implementation materialise, lets hear from you too.
>