Subject: [apps-discuss] procedural question

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 13:51:16 -0700

hello.

i have a question about procedural issues: i have three drafts that i 
would like to enter into a formal review process. since these drafts are 
individual submissions, the question (that i have faced before) always 
is how to make the transition from individually posting and discussing 
the drafts, to this more formal process. the current drafts i have been 
working on (and which i believe are ready to enter the formal path to 
RFCness) are:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-xml-patch-04
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hausenblas-csv-fragment-02
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-02

with my previous drafts i always was lucky to have somebody shepherding 
them, but it was always a lucky coincidence to find somebody willing to 
do it. the question i have is how to approach this in a way so that i 
can make this transition from individual drafts to the formal process 
more predictable. are there any recommendations or guidance i could turn 
to? is there a different forum i should ask for this?

thanks a lot for your help and kind regards,

dret.

-- 
erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked]  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |
            | http://dret.net/netdret http://twitter.com/dret |

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 15:17:59 -0700

For details, see RFC2026, but put very simply:

The typical procedure is to identify one or more working groups whose
charters seem to cover your material, and see if they are willing and able
to take up your draft as a work item.  If you can't, then you can approach
an area director to sponsor the draft as an individual submission.  The
third option is to go through the Independent Submission Editor, for work
that is not directly related to any active working groups.

So, to the WG: Is there any interest in taking up any of these items in
APPSAWG?

-MSK, APPSAWG co-chair

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Erik Wilde <[email-masked]> wrote:

> individual submissions, the question (that i have faced before) always is
> how to make the transition from individually posting and discussing the
> drafts, to this more formal process. the current drafts i have been working
> on (and which i believe are ready to enter the formal path to RFCness) are:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/**draft-wilde-xml-patch-04<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-xml-patch-04>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/**draft-hausenblas-csv-fragment-**02<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hausenblas-csv-fragment-02>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/**draft-sinnema-xacml-media-**type-02<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-02>
>
> them, but it was always a lucky coincidence to find somebody willing to do
> it. the question i have is how to approach this in a way so that i can make
> this transition from individual drafts to the formal process more
> predictable. are there any recommendations or guidance i could turn to? is
> there a different forum i should ask for this?
>
> ______________________________**_________________
> apps-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/apps-discuss<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss>
>