Subject: [apps-discuss] URI Template: how is the erratum progressing? And another question

From: Francis Galiegue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 18:59:48 +0200

Hello,

So, the first question, as to the erratum, is related to the points I
raised some times ago about how to handle empty arrays/associative
arrays. I'd like to know the progress on that front.

Another question is about handling empty _keys_ in an associative
array. Is this legal at all? Empty values are allowed, they obviously
have a use (a query parameter can be empty for instance), but what
about (written as a JSON Object):

{
    "foo": "",
    "": "bar"
}

?

--
Francis Galiegue, [email-masked]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 15:51:34 -0400

> about (written as a JSON Object):

This looks perfectly legal to me.

    Tony Hansen

---

From: Francis Galiegue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 06:33:42 +0200

> This looks perfectly legal to me.

Yes, it is legal JSON. However, it is hardly of any use in a URI
template at all. Query parameter names cannot be empty, domain name
components ditto, others. Bah.