Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 08:08:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : XML Media Types
	Author(s)       : Chris Lilley
                          MURATA Makoto
                          Alexey Melnikov
                          Henry S. Thompson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-01.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2013-05-28

Abstract:
   This specification standardizes three media types -- application/xml,
   application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd --
   for use in exchanging network entities that are related to the
   Extensible Markup Language (XML) while defining text/xml and text/
   xml-external-parsed-entity as aliases for the respective application/
   types.  This specification also standardizes a convention (using the
   suffix '+xml') for naming media types outside of these five types
   when those media types represent XML MIME entities.

   Major differences from [RFC3023] are alignment of charset handling
   for text/xml and text/xml-external-parsed-entity with application/
   xml, the addition of XPointer and XML Base as fragment identifiers
   and base URIs, respectively, mention of the XPointer Registry, and
   updating of many references.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: [email-masked] (Henry S. Thompson)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 16:23:50 +0100

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-01.txt

The auto-generated diffs are more-or-less useless -- but I put diff
markup into the XML, which produces, courtesy of Julian's hard work,

  http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-01_diff.html

which I hope and believe _is_ useful.

Thanks to Peter Rushforth, SM and Martin D. for extensive feedback --
I'll post a detailed account of what I did in response to their
comments shortly.

ht
-- 
       Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
      10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: [email-masked]
                       URL: http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/
 [mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]

---

From: [email-masked] (Henry S. Thompson)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 17:47:28 +0100

ht writes:

> . . .

As promised, a quick-and-dirty-formatted Disposition of Comments is
now available at

  http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/00-comments.html

It's organised by secton and commentator.

ht