Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review: draft-saintandre-impp-call-info-02

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 13:35:32 +0300

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate ). 

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document:  draft-saintandre-impp-call-info-02
Title: Instant Messaging and Presence Purpose for the Call-Info Header 
Field in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Reviewer: Salvatore Loreto
Review Date: May-06-2013
IETF Last Call Date:
IESG Telechat Date:

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as Standards Track.
It is short and straightforward, it only registers 'impp' as a new value 
for the "purpose" header field parameter of the Call-Info SIP header.

Major Issues: 0
Minor Issues: 2
Nits: 0

Minor:
-----
- maybe it could be useful expand the CUSAX acronym in
Combined Use of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible 
Messaging and Presence Protocol (CUSAX),
for the people not familiar with SIP-XMPP interwork terminology

- a short example can also help, something like 
Call-Info:<XXXXXX>;purpose=impp

best regards
Salvatore

-- 
Salvatore Loreto, PhD
www.sloreto.com

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 09:30:54 -0600

Hi Sal, thanks for the review.

> for the people not familiar with SIP-XMPP interwork terminology

The test right before that says:

   endpoints
   that support the combined use of the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP) [RFC3261] and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
   (XMPP) [RFC6120] (so-called "CUSAX" endpoints

But the expansion of the acronym gets lost with the RFC citations and
such. :-)

> Call-Info:<XXXXXX>;purpose=impp

Good idea, I'll add that.

Peter