Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-levine-dnsextlang-06.txt

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jun 2013 18:39:44 -0400

This version fixes some nits and adds a flag to say that an RRTYPE 
requires special processing, so a DNS server can notice it and complain if 
it doesn't know what the special processing is.  For provisioning systems 
that just need to parse or generate the record, it generally wouldn't 
matter.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
"I dropped the toothpaste", said Tom, crestfallenly.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 16:28:01
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Newsgroups: iecc.lists.ietf
Subject: I-D Action: draft-levine-dnsextlang-06.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

 	Title           : An Extension Language for the DNS
 	Author(s)       : John Levine
                           Paul Vixie
 	Filename        : draft-levine-dnsextlang-06.txt
 	Pages           : 10
 	Date            : 2013-06-30

Abstract:
    Adding new RRTYPEs to the DNS requires that DNS servers and
    provisioning software be upgraded to support each new RRTYPE in
    Master files.  This document defines a DNS extension language
    intended to allow most new RRTYPEs to be supported by adding entries
    to configuration data read by the DNS software, with no software
    changes needed for each RRTYPE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-dnsextlang

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levine-dnsextlang-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-levine-dnsextlang-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt