Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] [Uri-review] URI scheme registration request - dchub

From: Fredrik Ullner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 21:23:09 +0200

Hi,

There is now a new version of the dchub URI scheme proposal at <
http://nmdc.sourceforge.net/Versions/nmdc-uri-scheme-0.3.txt>. There are a
couple of changes:

* It was decided to drop the secure dchub URI (nmdcs) inclusion. While this
is an URI that is used, it was felt that it is better to have that as a
separate URI scheme proposal. (The reason for the naming was simply that
the person who wrote it in the first place, wrote it as such.)
* Scheme syntax is very slightly changed to allow a forward slash after
user (as it is allowed elsewhere, too).
* Semantics is heavily revised, taking into account suggested changes from
you as well as from multiple developers of the Direct Connect network (i.e.
implementators).
* Encoding slightly revised, primarily for normalization. A question came
up: should the 'normalization' be changed to 'canonicalization'?
* Applications/protocol slightly revised, specifying more implementations.
Perhaps it is otherwise better to create a reference on a NMDC project page
and reference that in the URI scheme? Or perhaps reference Wikipedia?
* Minor wording in other sections to clarify use or intent.

The document, as is, is also commited to the SourceForge SVN. Note that
SourceForge decided to change repositories, so you would need to do a diff
on your own if you desire to see the exact changes.

-- 
Fredrik Ullner