Subject: [apps-discuss] AppsDir review of draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-06

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 14:48:48 +0100

Hello all,

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for 
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments 
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd 
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document:  draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-06

Title: Relative Location Representation
Reviewer: Alexey Melnikov
Review Date: 8 August 2013

Summary: The document is nearly ready for publication. Only minor fixes 
are needed, mostly missing references.

Major issues:

none

Minor Issues:

In Section 3:

    Optionally, a reference to a 'map' document can be provided.  The
    reference is a URI.

URI needs a normative reference.

    The document could be an image or dataset that
    represents a map, floorplan or other form.  The type of document the
    URI points to is described as a MIME media type.

MIME media type needs a normative reference.

4.9.5.1.  XML encoding

    An arc-band is represented in and converted from GML using the
    following template:

    <gs:ArcBand xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
                xmlns:gs="http://www.opengis.net/pidflo/1.0"
                srsName="urn:ietf:params:geopriv:relative:2d">
      <gml:pos>$Coordinate-1 $Coordinate-2$</gml:pos>
      <gs:innerRadius uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9001">
        $Inner-Radius$
      </gs:innerRadius>
      <gs:outerRadius uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9001">
        $Inner-Radius$

I think you meant $Outer-Radius$ above.

      </gs:outerRadius>
      <gs:startAngle uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9102">
       $Start-Angle$
      </gs:startAngle>
      <gs:openingAngle uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9102">
        $Opening-Angle$
      </gs:openingAngle>
    </gs:ArcBand>

4.11.1.  Map URL

    In XML, the map is a <map> element defined within <relative-location>
    and contains the URL.  The URL is encoded as a UTF-8 encoded string.
    An "http:" or "https:" URL MUST be used unless the entity creating

http/https need Normative references.

    the PIDF-LO is able to ensure that authorized recipients of this data
    are able to use other URI schemes.

4.11.2.1.  Map Reference Point Offset

    The map referenc point uses a type code of 129.

Typo: referenc

    +------+------+
    | 129  |Length|
    +------+------+------+------+
    |  Coordinate-1             |
    +------+------+------+------+
    |  Coordinate-2             |
    +------+------+------+------+
    |  (3D-only) Coordinate-3   |
    +------+------+------+------+

                     Map Reference Point Coordinates TLV

    If omitted, a value containing all zeros is assumed.  If the
    coordinates provided contain fewer values than are needed, the first
    value from the set is applied in place of any missing values.

I couldn't understand what are you talking about here. Are you talking 
about the 3rd coordinate missing? What is "the set"?

Nits:

none

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 10:37:44 +0100

On 08/08/2013 14:48, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
> Summary: The document is nearly ready for publication. Only minor 
> fixes are needed, mostly missing references.
>
> Major issues:
>
> none
Actually there is one new issue: Visual Studio 2010 complains that 
"application/octet-stream" media type doesn't conform to the media type 
patter in the XML schema.

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 21:08:56 +0000

Thanks for the review Alexey.

> From: Alexey Melnikov [mailto:[email-masked]]

VS2012 doesn't complain...  As long as I remove the redundant whitespace from the pattern.  I've added a note about that.  It's a little hard to include really long lines in drafts/RFCs.

> I couldn't understand what are you talking about here. Are you talking about the 3rd coordinate missing? What is "the set"?

I added some explanatory text.  You were right, this was hard to follow.

NEW:
        If omitted, a value containing all zeros is assumed.  If the coordinates provided contain
        fewer values than are needed, the first value from the set is applied in place of any absent
        values.  Thus, if a single value is provided, that value is used for Coordinate-2 and
        Coordinate-3 (if required).  If two values are provided and three are required, the value of
        Coordinate-1 is used in place of Coordinate-3.