Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-11

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:02:49 +0200

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for
this draft (for background on APPSDIR, please see
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate ).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-11
Title: Realm-Based Redirection In Diameter
Reviewer: Enrico Marocco
Review Date: August 28, 2013
IETF Last Call Date: August 27, 2013

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as a Proposed
Standard RFC but has one major (easy-to-fix) issue and a minor issue
that should be fixed before publication.

Major issues:

In S. 3.4, both in title and body (easy fix, but "Major" in that it's
about a crucial part of the specified mechanism):

  s/DIAMETER_REDIRECT_INDICATION/DIAMETER_REALM_REDIRECT_INDICATION/

Minor issues:

The document makes use of general terms such as "application", "domain",
"realm" and "identity" that have a specific meaning in the Diameter
context, but it does not provide explicit definitions. It would be
useful if the document provided a list of Diamaeter-specific terms, and
a pointer to where they are defined. I suggest adding to the Terminology
section something along the line of:

  This document uses the terms "application", "realm", "domain",
  "identity" [..] consistently with the definitions provided in RFC
  6733 (Section 1.2, Section 1.3.4, Section 2.6, [..]).

Nits:

This review does not include editorial nits.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:32:00 +0000

Hi Enrico,

Thank you for the review and the good catches.
This will be easily fixed in the new version that the authors will produce
soon.

Regards,

Lionel

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Enrico Marocco [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Envoyé : mercredi 28 août 2013 11:03
À : [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Cc : IESG
Objet : APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-11

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits: