Subject: [apps-discuss] Using SSAS for secure authentication in application layer

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 01:12:51 +0100

Hello,

Sorry if my message might not be so related to this group. I wasn't really
thinking about integrating a network layer security with application layer
security except about DNS. But after I reviewed a paper that tried to use
the network layer as a means of authentication for application layer, I
thought it might be also useful to discuss it in this group. 
Now let me explain the approach. I have a draft,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-6man-ssas that some of you might
already know it, which provides the proof of IP address ownership simpler
and faster than the current standard available approach in network layer.
The paper that I read tried to integrated this work with SIP for
authentication purposes especially for proxy SIPs. This is the reason that I
thought it can be a start of new use cases for this draft for not only
providing local security but a means of authentication for application
layers.  
What do you think?
Thanks,

-----------smile----------
Hosnieh
. success is a journey, not a destination..
You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your
direction ... Focus on the journey