Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-malformed-mail-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:27:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Advice for Safe Handling of Malformed Messages
	Author(s)       : Murray S. Kucherawy
                          Gregory N. Shapiro
                          N. Freed
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-malformed-mail-10.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2013-11-06

Abstract:
   Although Internet mail formats have been precisely defined since the
   1970s, authoring and handling software often show only mild
   conformance to the specifications.  The malformed messages that
   result are non-standard.  Nonetheless, decades of experience has
   shown that handling with some tolerance the malformations that result
   is often an acceptable approach, and is better than rejecting the
   messages outright as nonconformant.  This document includes a
   collection of the best advice available regarding a variety of common
   malformed mail situations, to be used as implementation guidance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-malformed-mail

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-malformed-mail-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-malformed-mail-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 17:29:08 -0800

>    malformed mail situations, to be used as implementation guidance.
Response to the ops-dir and gen-art reviews after IETF Last Call.  Nothing
major.

-MSK