Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 04:42:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : XML Media Types
	Author(s)       : Henry S. Thompson
                          Chris Lilley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-04.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2013-11-04

Abstract:
   This specification standardizes three media types -- application/xml,
   application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd --
   for use in exchanging network entities that are related to the
   Extensible Markup Language (XML) while defining text/xml and text/
   xml-external-parsed-entity as aliases for the respective application/
   types.  This specification also standardizes the '+xml' suffix for
   naming media types outside of these five types when those media types
   represent XML MIME entities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: [email-masked] (Henry S. Thompson)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:56:01 +0000

This is the IETF official version of the 22 October draft (it missed
the official cutoff for publishing new drafts before Vancouver), which
contains only one (moderately large) change from -03, agreed in
discussion with my fellow editor Chris Lilley.

Please see in particular therefore

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-04#section-3.6
  http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-04_diff.html#charset

for substantial clarifications to the rework of Section 3.6 _Charset
considerations_ given in version -03.

Any existing reviewing work on any _other_ section based on version
-03 is still relevant, as no other section has changed in any
significant way.

Note also accordingly that the diffs in the above -04_diff.html are
still against version -02.

A thorough exposition of all comments received on version -02,
and their resolution, is available at

  http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/02-comments.html

ht
-- 
       Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
      10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: [email-masked]
                       URL: http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/
 [mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]