Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: New version of draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-09.txt

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 11:43:11 -0500

Hi,

Sections rearranged and various technical edits (mainly
to expand Security Considerations) - please see change
history for details.

Thanks especially to Tom Petch for some good comments.

Cheers,
- Ira (PWG Secretary, PWG IPP WG co-chair)

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto:[email-masked]
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-09.txt
To: Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>, Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ira McDonald and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme
Revision:        09
Title:           IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme
Creation date:   2013-11-05
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 27
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-09.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-09
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-09

Abstract:
   This memo defines the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) over HTTPS
   transport binding and the corresponding 'ipps' URI scheme, that is
   used to designate the access to the network location of a secure IPP
   print service or a network resource (for example, a print job)
   managed by such a service.

   This memo is an individual submission to the IETF by the Internet
   Printing Protocol Working Group of the IEEE-ISTO Printer Working
   Group, as part of their PWG IPP Everywhere (PWG 5100.14) project for
   secure mobile printing with vendor-neutral Client software.

   This memo defines an alternate IPP transport binding to that defined
   in the original IPP URL Scheme (RFC 3510), but this memo does not
   update or obsolete (RFC 3510).

   This memo updates RFC 2910 and RFC 2911.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat