Subject: [apps-discuss] new mailing list in security area

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:56:41 +0100

Hello,

There is a new mailing list in security area. The discussion will be
fruitful if there are people from different backgrounds and not only
security (security, operational views, application layer, network layer,
privacy, etc). I already invited the people who I could remember. If I
missed to invite you, just feel free to join this mailing list. The purpose
is to find solutions to automate authentication and use network layer for
this means but at the same time take care of performance, privacy and the
possibility of this solution.

 <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secauth>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secauth 

This is the description of this mailing list.

This list is for the discussions relating to using the IP layer as a  means
of authentication in other upper layers, especially the  application layer,
by considering both security and privacy on one  hand and performance on the
other hand. The goal is to come up with  the implementation of a library for
this purpose. The focus is on  both nodes with limited resources (battery,
memory, etc) and other nodes.

We are also discussing the possible implementation or implementation
barriers from operational points of view.

Looking forward to see your participations there :-) 

Thanks, 

Smile

Hosnieh

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:02:04 -0500

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Hosnieh Rafiee <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The purpose

Hosnieh, I look forward to this. I start out skeptical, because I
suspect that all the reasons for the end-to-end argument will be
applicable here, but I remain open-minded.

Scott

---

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:13:30 +0100

Hi,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: saag [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mouse
> Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:40 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [saag] new mailing list in security area
> 
> > There is a new mailing list in security area.  [...]
> 
> Sounds possibly up my alley.  But...
> 
> ...it'd help if you gave the list management address (or at least the list
post
> address, to which I trust we can just append -request).  All I saw was a
Web
> URL (oddly, present twice, with no explanation of why), and one that was
> HTTPS and thus useless to me even if I were willing to use the Web to
manage
> email (which I'm not).

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secauth 

or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at:
[email-masked]

Send secaut mailing list submissions to:
[email-masked]

thanks,
smile,
Hosnieh