Subject: [apps-discuss] AppsDir review of draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-02.txt

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:15:31 -0500

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for this draft (for background on APPSDIR, please seehttp://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate  ).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-02.txt
Title: Sieve Email Filtering: Detecting Duplicate Deliveries
Reviewer: Tony Hansen
Review Date: January 21, 2014

This document is ready to be published.

	Tony Hansen

Major issues: none
Minor issues: none
Nits:

In section 1, paragraph 3, the second sentence below would read better if the words "based on" were changed to "using" or removed entirely:

    Duplicate messages are normally detected using the Message-ID header
    field, which is required to be unique for each message.  However, the
    "duplicate" test is flexible enough to use different criteria for
    defining what makes a message a duplicate, for example based on the
    subject line or parts of the message body.  Other applications of

giving this (after removing):

    Duplicate messages are normally detected using the Message-ID header
    field, which is required to be unique for each message.  However, the
    "duplicate" test is flexible enough to use different criteria for
    defining what makes a message a duplicate, for example the
    subject line or parts of the message body.  Other applications of

In section 3, paragraph 15, the words "an unique" should be "a unique".

---

From: Stephan Bosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:10:02 +0100

Hi Tony,

On 1/23/2014 12:15 AM, Tony Hansen wrote:
> I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for
> this draft (for background on APPSDIR, please
> seehttp://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate 
> ).
>
> Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
> you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
> or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Ok.

> In section 1, paragraph 3, the second sentence below would read better
> if the words "based on" were changed to "using" or removed entirely:
>

Agreed, thanks.

Regards,

Stephan.