Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 20:09:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : URI Design and Ownership
        Author          : Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-01-29

Abstract:
   Sometimes, it is attractive to add features to protocols or
   applications by specifying a particular structure for URIs (or parts
   thereof).  However, publishing standards that mandate URI structure
   is inappropriate because the structure of a URI needs to be firmly
   under the control of its owner, and the IETF (as well as other
   organisations) should not usurp this ownership.

   This document is intended to prevent this practice (sometimes called
   "URI Squatting") in standards, but updating RFC3986 to indicate where
   it is acceptable.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/