Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 11:20:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : The Require-Recipient-Valid-Since Header Field and SMTP Service Extension
        Authors         : William J. Mills
                          Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-06.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-01-10

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension for the Simple Mail Transfer
   Protocol called RRVS, and a header field called Require-Recipient-
   Valid-Since, to provide a method for senders to indicate to receivers
   the time when the sender last confirmed the ownership of the target
   mailbox.  This can be used to detect changes of mailbox ownership,
   and thus prevent mail from being delivered to the wrong party.

   The intended use of these facilities is on automatically generated
   messages that might contain sensitive information, though it may also
   be useful in other applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 11:23:32 -0800

>    be useful in other applications.
Incorporates the results of the WGLC feedback.  Thanks to all of those who
chimed in!

-MSK

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Jan 2014 19:58:33 -0000

I've reviewed the changes to the -06 version and they address the
concerns I noted.  Ship it, please.

R's,
John

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 15:00:55 -0800 (PST)

> concerns I noted.  Ship it, please.

I concur. This time I tried to review the document in light of
draft-farrell-perpass-attack, and I think the security considerations are
well done in that regard. (Of course this doesn't mean others will share
my opinion... And it should be interesting to see how this goes.)

				Ned

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:42:51 -0500

Agreed.

On Jan 21, 2014, at 6:00 PM, Ned Freed <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> apps-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

---

From: "J. Trent Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:57:24 -0700

All -

As the document shepherd, I  compared the -05 and -06 versions, guided
by the comments sent to the discussion list, and confirmed that the
issues raised appear to have been effectively addressed.  I also noted
that the IANA considerations issues that I had identified in the
previous writeup have also been corrected.

I have updated the shepherd's writeup within the data tracker to reflect
the current state of the document:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field/shepherdwriteup/

At this time, it is my opinion that the document is ready to be moved
forward.

Thanks,
Trent

-- 
J. Trent Adams

Profile: http://www.mediaslate.org/jtrentadams/
LinkedIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jtrentadams
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jtrentadams

---

From: Kurt Andersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:52:41 -0800

Looks good to me as well.

--Kurt Andersen

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:06:07 +0000

I reviewed the latest version and it looks good to me. Ship it.