Subject: [apps-discuss] Schema comments on draft-ietf-mile-sci (fwd)

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:34:05 +0100 (CET)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 07:23:17 +0100
From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked],
     [email-masked],
     Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Subject: Schema comments on draft-ietf-mile-sci

I did take a quick look at the schema.  This is a fairly big, yet simple 
schema.

At this stage, the only comments I'd be prepared to advance :

There is no need to wrap <xs:choice> with <xs:sequence> when both have
cardinality 1.  That's redundant.

schemaLocation on the import is unnecessary (and not especially useful
given that it's a URN).

use of xsd:string throughout is an anti-pattern.  xsd:token is better,
even more so if you can restrict the value-space further;
unconstrained strings can be a real burden later.  In particular,
xsd:string causes usability issues, and can lead to some major issues
with whitespace normalization.  Unless you need to carefully preserve
whitespace, I'd strongly recommend against its use.