Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 12:39:35 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : XML Media Types
    Author(s)     : H. Thompson, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes
    Pages         : 32 
    Date          : 2014-02-25 
    
 This specification standardizes three media types -- application/xml,
   application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd --
   for use in exchanging network entities that are related to the
   Extensible Markup Language (XML) while defining text/xml and text/
   xml-external-parsed-entity as aliases for the respective application/
   types.  This specification also standardizes the &#39;+xml&#39; suffix for
   naming media types outside of these five types when those media types
   represent XML MIME entities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: [email-masked] (Henry S. Thompson)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:37:52 +0000

Internet-Drafts writes:

> A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories.  This draft is a work item of the Applications Area
> Working Group Working Group of the IETF.
>
>     Title         : XML Media Types

This draft has no substantive changes, but a number of wording
improvements thanks to feedback received.  Two subsections formerly in
section 8, The '+xml' Naming Convention, have been moved to section
10, IANA Considerations, ditto.

As in the past, a disposition of comments document for all comments
received on draft -07 is available at

  http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/07-comments.html

and an editors' diff (better than the automatic one) is at

  http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-08_diff.html

Time to declare victory and move on?

ht
-- 
       Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
      10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: [email-masked]
                       URL: http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/
 [mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]