Subject: [apps-discuss] WG Summary: JSON

From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 17:02:36 +0000

The JSON WG met at IETF 89 today (2014-03-07), from 11:50 to 13:30
(time error from the chairs)

Tim Bray (via Matt Miller) gave a presentation on I-JSON.  The
discussion in the room focused almost exclusively on the pros and cons
of an explicit indicator (media-type, media-type suffix, embedded
property).  No form of consensus was reach in the room; discussion
will continue on the list.

Two presentations on nomenclature approaches were given: ProtoGen by
Phil Hallam-Baker (via Paul Hoffman), and JSON content rules by Andy
Newton.  The discussion in the room focused mostly on the arguments
for and against defining a specific approach.  No form of consensus
was reach in the room; discussion will continue on the list.

Pete Resnick talked about a request from OMA (Open Mobile Alliance)
for a stable reference to Zyp's JSON Schema.  The sense in the room
was that Zyp's draft can move forward as Informational to satisfy
OMA's needs, and for the discussion on whether or not to define other
schemas/notations/etc to continue.

- -- 
- - m&m

Matt Miller < [email-masked] >
Cisco Systems, Inc.