Subject: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-07.txt> (The Require-Recipient-Valid-Since Header Field and SMTP Service Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 01:44:46 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'The Require-Recipient-Valid-Since Header Field and SMTP Service
   Extension'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-03-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines an extension for the Simple Mail Transfer
   Protocol called RRVS, and a header field called Require-Recipient-
   Valid-Since, to provide a method for senders to indicate to receivers
   the point in time when the sender last confirmed the ownership of the
   target mailbox.  This can be used to detect changes of mailbox
   ownership, and thus prevent mail from being delivered to the wrong
   party.

   The intended use of these facilities is on automatically generated
   messages that might contain sensitive information, though it may also
   be useful in other applications.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.