Subject: [apps-discuss] RFC 2616

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:54:40 +0100

Hi APPS friends,

note that the old HTTP/1.1 spec has been obsoleted a few weeks ago, and 
that the replacement specs are in the RFC Editor queue.

So if you still have documents referencing RFC 2616, now is the same to 
update them accordingly.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:05:20 +0000

> note that the old HTTP/1.1 spec has been obsoleted a few weeks ago, and that
> the replacement specs are in the RFC Editor queue.
>

Now is the time, that is.

The complication here is that 2616 was a single reference for
everything.  The httpbis set is 6 documents, and you have to figure
out which one(s) to reference.  This is a reason I really wish we'd
done a "part 0".

If you're just saying "we use HTTP", then citing part 1 is the right
answer.  But for more complicated references, you might have to cite
different parts, and perhaps multiple parts.

Barry