Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: New TLDs and software

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 19:34:17 -0400

I worked on Jari's recent IETF Chair blog post with him.  The topic is
particularly relevant to the Applications area, so I wanted to bring
it to the attention of folks here.  See Jari's note to the IETF list,
below.

Barry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Subject: New TLDs and software
To: [email-masked]

This is another blog post, a continuation of topics that came up in
the ICANN meeting. The previous blog post was about the IANA
discussions. But of course that was not the only topic that we talked
about.

The biggest project in the last couple of years at ICANN has been the
introduction of new TLDs. Those are new finally coming online, and
include both new ASCII-based names as well as many internationalized
domain names. The latter are, of course, very important for the
worldwide users of the Internet. But adding new TLDs is not just an
administrative matter. In this blog article Barry and I wanted to
highlight that there are some cases where software updates may be
needed:

http://www.ietf.org/blog/2014/04/new-tlds/

Jari & Barry