Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:04:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : The Require-Recipient-Valid-Since Header Field and SMTP Service Extension
        Authors         : William J. Mills
                          Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-10.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2014-04-16

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension for the Simple Mail Transfer
   Protocol called RRVS, to provide a method for senders to indicate to
   receivers a point in time when the the ownership of the target
   mailbox was known to the sender.  This can be used to detect changes
   of mailbox ownership, and thus prevent mail from being delivered to
   the wrong party.  This document also defines a header field called
   Require-Recipient-Valid-Since that can be used to tunnel the request
   through servers that do not support the extension.

   The intended use of these facilities is on automatically generated
   messages, such as account statements or password change instructions,
   that might contain sensitive information, though it may also be
   useful in other applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/