Subject: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-06.txt> (Sieve Email Filtering: Detecting Duplicate Deliveries) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 06:59:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Sieve Email Filtering: Detecting Duplicate Deliveries'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a new test command "duplicate" for the "Sieve"
   email filtering language.  This test adds the ability to detect
   duplications.  The main application for this new test is handling
   duplicate deliveries commonly caused by mailing list subscriptions or
   redirected mail addresses.  The detection is normally performed by
   matching the message ID to an internal list of message IDs from
   previously delivered messages.  For more complex applications, the
   "duplicate" test can also use the content of a specific header or
   other parts of the message.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.