Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 15:20:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Sieve Email Filtering: Detecting Duplicate Deliveries
        Author          : Stephan Bosch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-05-21

Abstract:
   This document defines a new test command "duplicate" for the "Sieve"
   email filtering language.  This test adds the ability to detect
   duplications.  The main application for this new test is handling
   duplicate deliveries commonly caused by mailing list subscriptions or
   redirected mail addresses.  The detection is normally performed by
   matching the message ID to an internal list of message IDs from
   previously delivered messages.  For more complex applications, the
   "duplicate" test can also use the content of a specific header or
   other parts of the message.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Stephan Bosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 00:30:16 +0200

Hi,

>    other parts of the message.

I received no new reviews since -03, but I made a few changes still. The
text itself hasn't changed much, but, as I was working on adding one
final bit, I did restructure it. These are the resulting changes:

* Described the situation in which several "duplicate" tests evaluate
the same ID value with different ":seconds" and ":last" arguments.
Marked the resulting  behavior as undefined.
* Split test description into several sub-sections to give it more
structure. Most notably I moved paragraphs relating to the description
of the ":seconds" and ":last" arguments to a subsection near the end. I
think the overall structure is better now.
* Moved the statement about the limit on the number of entries in the
tracking list completely to the  "Security Considerations" section.
After restructuring, it did not a have a place elsewhere anymore. This
also implicitly resolves a comment from a while ago on the mailing list.

This is likely the final version. But, if you still have comments or
concerns, please let us know.

Regards,

Stephan.