Subject: [apps-discuss] Important URI-related topic: draft-ietf-urnbis-urns-are-not-uris

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 10:19:24 -0400

Andy Newton said...
> A URNBIS session request has been submitted for IETF 90 in Toronto. We
> have requested this session to discuss the URNs Are Not URIs topic
> (draft-ietf-urnbis-urns-are-not-uris). As this can be perceived as a
> substantial change to URI/URN architecture, face-to-face discussion
> would be beneficial for gaining consensus and facilitating an
> important and broad discussion. This will be a great opportunity for
> participants who have not otherwise been following the discussion to
> now get involved.

In preparation for this meeting, and whether or not you intend to
attend it: please, if you have any interest in the topic at all,
review and comment on the draft.  Please do that now, not later: we'd
like the discussion in Toronto to be the resolution, not the start of
the conversation.

Please comment on the urnbis working group mailing list
<[email-masked]>.  You can subscribe here:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/urn

Please don't cross-post; let's keep the discussion on <[email-masked]>.

Thanks,
Barry