Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-multimailbox-search-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 17:41:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IMAP4 Multimailbox SEARCH Extension
        Authors         : Barry Leiba
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-multimailbox-search-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-06-03

Abstract:
   The IMAP4 specification allows the searching of only the selected
   mailbox.  A user often wants to search multiple mailboxes, and a
   client that wishes to support this must issue a series of SELECT and
   SEARCH commands, waiting for each to complete before moving on to the
   next.  This extension allows a client to search multiple mailboxes
   with one command, limiting round trips delay, and not requiring
   disruption of the currently selected mailbox.  This extension also
   uses MAILBOX and TAG fields in ESEARCH responses, allowing a client
   to pipeline the searches if it chooses.  This document updates RFC
   4466 and obsoletes RFC 6237.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-multimailbox-search/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-multimailbox-search-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-multimailbox-search-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/