Subject: [apps-discuss] draft-seantek-certspec-03; request review and URN assignment

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 14:58:56 -0700

Hello URN/Apps folks, and SAAG folks:

A new version of the Internet-Draft draft-seantek-certspec (03) has been posted to the IETF repository. I would like to notify this list for commentary, and utlimately to apply for the URN NID 'cert'.

Compared to 02 last year, this version addresses concerns raised both on and off the lists. The ABNF is tighter. URNBIS work is referenced more consistently, instead of the legacy RFC 2141. issuersn (issuer and serial number) is given extensive consideration, and is both more restrictive (in the strict grammar in Section 5.3.1) and more well-defined (in the relaxed grammar for human input in Appendix A). Appendix B now represents the state-of-the-art for mandatory LDAP attributes.

Kind regards,

Sean

**************

A new version of I-D, draft-seantek-certspec-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Sean Leonard and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-seantek-certspec
Revision:	03
Title:		A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for Certificates
Document date:	2014-06-29
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		21
URL:http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seantek-certspec-03.txt
Status:https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seantek-certspec/
Htmlized:http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seantek-certspec-03
Diff:http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-seantek-certspec-03

Abstract:
    Digital certificates are used in many systems and protocols to
    identify and authenticate parties.  This document describes a Uniform
    Resource Name (URN) namespace that identifies certificates.  These
    URNs can be used when certificates need to be identified by value or
    reference.