Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 20:31:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A NULL MX Resource Record for Domains that Accept No Mail
        Authors         : John Levine
                          Mark Delany
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-03.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-06-04

Abstract:
   Internet mail determines the address of a receiving server through
   the DNS, first by looking for an MX record and then by looking for an
   A/AAAA record as a fallback.  Unfortunately this means that the A/
   AAAA record is taken to be mail server address even when that address
   does not accept mail.  The NULL MX RR formalizes the existing
   mechanism by which a domain announces that it accepts no mail, which
   permits significant operational efficiencies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/