Subject: [apps-discuss] RFC 7239 on Forwarded HTTP Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 18:18:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7239

        Title:      Forwarded HTTP Extension 
        Author:     A. Petersson, M. Nilsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35003
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-http-forwarded-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7239.txt

This document defines an HTTP extension header field that allows
proxy components to disclose information lost in the proxying
process, for example, the originating IP address of a request or IP
address of the proxy on the user-agent-facing interface.  In a path
of proxying components, this makes it possible to arrange it so that
each subsequent component will have access to, for example, all IP
addresses used in the chain of proxied HTTP requests.

This document also specifies guidelines for a proxy administrator to
anonymize the origin of a request.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC