Subject: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-multimailbox-search-01.txt> (IMAP4 Multimailbox SEARCH Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 06:03:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'IMAP4 Multimailbox SEARCH Extension'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-multimailbox-search-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IMAP4 specification allows the searching of only the selected
   mailbox.  A user often wants to search multiple mailboxes, and a
   client that wishes to support this must issue a series of SELECT and
   SEARCH commands, waiting for each to complete before moving on to the
   next.  This extension allows a client to search multiple mailboxes
   with one command, limiting round trips delay, and not requiring
   disruption of the currently selected mailbox.  This extension also
   uses MAILBOX and TAG fields in ESEARCH responses, allowing a client
   to pipeline the searches if it chooses.  This document updates RFC
   4466 and obsoletes RFC 6237.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-multimailbox-search/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-multimailbox-search/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.