Subject: [apps-discuss] RFC 7293 on The Require-Recipient-Valid-Since Header Field and SMTP Service Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 18:25:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7293

        Title:      The Require-Recipient-Valid-Since Header Field and 
                    SMTP Service Extension 
        Author:     W. Mills, M. Kucherawy
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 54440
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7293.txt

This document defines an extension for the Simple Mail Transfer
Protocol (SMTP) called "RRVS" to provide a method for senders to
indicate to receivers a point in time when the ownership of the
target mailbox was known to the sender.  This can be used to detect
changes of mailbox ownership and thus prevent mail from being
delivered to the wrong party.  This document also defines a header
field called "Require-Recipient-Valid-Since" that can be used to
tunnel the request through servers that do not support the extension.

The intended use of these facilities is on automatically generated
messages, such as account statements or password change instructions,
that might contain sensitive information, though it may also be
useful in other applications.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC