Subject: [apps-discuss] RFC 7303 on XML Media Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 12:46:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7303

        Title:      XML Media Types 
        Author:     H. Thompson, C. Lilley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 77654
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3023
        Updates:    RFC 6839

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7303.txt

This specification standardizes three media types -- application/xml,
application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd --
for use in exchanging network entities that are related to the
Extensible Markup Language (XML) while defining text/xml and text/
xml-external-parsed-entity as aliases for the respective application/
types.  This specification also standardizes the '+xml' suffix for
naming media types outside of these five types when those media types
represent XML MIME entities.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC