Subject: [apps-discuss] Authentication-Results ptype extensions

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 14:35:13 -0700

Colleagues,

The Authentication-Results header field (RFC 7001) restricts the types of
information about which it can report results to four things: SMTP
parameters, parts of the body, parts of the header, or local policy
actions.  Two different people have proposed extensions in the past that
have run into this limitation, namely that they want to report results that
aren't pulled from one of those four places.

I've created a draft (link below) that makes this list extensible.  I'd
like to process it through APPSAWG if there's support for doing so.  It
needs to go through an IETF stream because it seeks to create a registry
that requires a Designated Expert, so APPSAWG would be an ideal place to
process it absent a working group that's actually currently doing this sort
of thing.  It is blissfully short.

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-authres-ptypes-registry/

Are there enough people who would be willing to review/comment/support its
handling through APPSAWG?

-MSK, hatless

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 17:44:45 -0400

>handling through APPSAWG?

Yes. Please. I'm in. 

Scott K

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Jul 2014 01:06:58 -0000

>handling through APPSAWG?

Sure, I'll kibitz.

-- 
Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. http://jl.ly

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 09:21:28 +0200

On Mon 07/Jul/2014 23:35:13 +0200 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> Are there enough people who would be willing to review/comment/support
> its handling through APPSAWG?

+1, a needful amendment to 7001

Ale

---

From: Franck Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:28:48 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----

> From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
> To: "IETF Apps Discuss" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, July 7, 2014 2:35:13 PM
> Subject: [apps-discuss] Authentication-Results ptype extensions

> parameters, parts of the body, parts of the header, or local policy actions.
> Two different people have proposed extensions in the past that have run into
> this limitation, namely that they want to report results that aren't pulled
> from one of those four places.

> I've created a draft (link below) that makes this list extensible. I'd like
> to process it through APPSAWG if there's support for doing so. It needs to
> go through an IETF stream because it seeks to create a registry that
> requires a Designated Expert, so APPSAWG would be an ideal place to process
> it absent a working group that's actually currently doing this sort of
> thing. It is blissfully short.

> handling through APPSAWG?

I'm in