Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSAWG Calls for Adoption

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 19:46:00 -0700

Colleagues,

The following five documents entered Call For Adoption state after
discussion at the Toronto meeting in July, and those Calls have now
completed:

draft-hansen-mdn-3798bis
draft-kucherawy-authres-ptypes-registry
draft-nottingham-http-problem
draft-nottingham-safe-hint
draft-seantek-text-markdown-media-type

The particularly interesting case is draft-nottingham-safe-hint.  Given the
positions presented by various participants, the co-chairs think that
APPSAWG is not the right way to proceed with this document.  We are sending
it back to the responsible Area Director, who will decide what to do with
it from there.

The remaining four documents appear to have enough support, fit within our
charter, and have encountered no opposition to being processed as APPSAWG
documents.  They are therefore adopted as working group items, and the
authors are thus invited to resubmit their documents with appropriate
working group names, starting with "draft-ietf-appsawg-".

Along with submitting your drafts, please compose a mini-charter, including
a brief description of what the document seeks to accomplish, what's in
scope and what's not in scope, the month in which you anticipate having the
document ready for the IESG, and the names of people who will commit to
providing ongoing and timely feedback as the document evolves.  Also, since
we have been regularly assigning non-chair document shepherds in APPSAWG
for some time now, please let the co-chairs know If any of those are
interested in acting as document shepherds.  Examples of past and current
mini-charters can be found here:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/appsawg/trac/wiki

(Please don't use "list pending" for your supporter submissions.)

Once we have the mini-charters in hand, we'll accept your renamed document
submissions into the working group.

Alexey & Murray, APPSAWG co-chairs