Subject: [apps-discuss] Nominees to co-chair proposed TAPS working group?

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:06:54 -0500

Martin and I have been talking about transport evolution, and we thought 
the proposal for a Transport Services (TAPS) BOF at IETF 90 was a great 
way to get started.

We've completed the WG Review step of TAPS charter review, and the 
charter is on the next IESG telechat agenda for approval as a working group.

We have selected Aaron Falk as a co-chair for the working group when 
it's formed, but want to consider having a co-chair from outside TSV, to 
make sure we get the perspective of protocol developers who make use of 
transport services. So, we're soliciting nominations (which can be 
self-nominations) from APP and from RAI, to see if we can make that happen.

Aaron is an experienced WG chair, so we're able to consider folk who 
haven't chaired an IETF working group yet.

The duties of a working group chair are described in 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2418#section-6.1. In addition, most TSV 
co-chairs serve on the TSV Directorate, described at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/tsv/trac/wiki/TSV-Directorate.

We would expect TAPS co-chairs to attend most IETF face-to-face 
meetings, and to have some schedule flexibility to accommodate 
activities such as working group teleconferences.

The current TAPS charter version is 00-02. The most up to date version 
of the charter is always at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-taps/.

We would expect to make a decision within the next week or two, given 
the right nominee.

Please reply privately with nominations to [email-masked], and 
thanks for your help.

Spencer and Martin, as TSV ADs