Subject: [apps-discuss] image/bmp: New Version Notification for draft-seantek-image-bmp-00.txt

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 11:17:37 -0700

Colleagues:

An Internet-Draft to register image/bmp has been posted.

Thanks to Alexey Melnikov and Dave Thaler, who provided advice on these drafts prior to submission.

Feedback welcome.

Regards,

Sean

*******************
A new version of I-D, draft-seantek-image-bmp-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Sean Leonard and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-seantek-image-bmp
Revision:	00
Title:		The Windows Bitmap Media Type
Document date:	2014-10-17
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		5
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seantek-image-bmp-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seantek-image-bmp/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seantek-image-bmp-00

Abstract:
  This document registers the image/bmp media type for use with the
  Windows Bitmap format (BMP), also known as Device-Independent Bitmap
  (DIB). Originally designed for Microsoft Windows 2.0 and OS/2, these
  bitmaps contain a single raster graphic in a variety of compressed or
  uncompressed formats.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Oct 2014 18:45:41 -0000

In article <[email-masked]> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>-=-=-=-=-=-

BMP files can in fact contain text, inside embedded JPEG and PNG.  I
don't know as there's much to say about it, other than that image
manipulation software wil do what it does.

---

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:04:36 -0700

> manipulation software wil do what it does.

Thank you.

It is probably best just to remove that text...which I will do for draft-01.

Sean