Subject: [apps-discuss] Designated experts needed: looking for volunteers

From: Applications Area Directors <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:17:28 -1000

The App area needs one or two volunteers each for designated experts
to review registration requests in the following registries:

1. IETF XML Registry, schema sub-registry:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry#schema

We particularly need an expert or two for non-IODEF schemas.  You'll
need a good understanding of XML and XML schemas.  This is not a
particularly busy registry, but there are some pending requests that
need review.

2. Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) and Media Types, Media
Types sub-registry:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types

This is a particularly busy registry, and Ned Freed has been doing it
by himself for a long time.  We need a couple of additional volunteers
to join him.  You'll need to have a good understanding of the concerns
involved in registering new media subtypes, and Ned will help get you
on board.

Please let us know off list if you're willing to take one of these on.

Barry and Pete

---

From: Mark Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 00:23:29 -0500

> involved in registering new media subtypes, and Ned will help get you

FYI, Bjoern Hoehrmann and I are currently secondary DEs for media types;

http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/media-types.xhtml

I remain available to help.

Mark.