Subject: [apps-discuss] Update of the Time Zone Data Distribution Service WG (tzdist)

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 14:40:04 +0100

Hi,

Please find herein an update of the tzdist WG.

The tzdist WG has been created in end of June 2014 [1] and milestones have
been approved in August. The WG is pretty active with between 200/300 per
month in September/October.

Milestones are mentioned below. tzdist is currently in line with its
milestones.

    """
    Done     Adopt time zone data distribution protocol as WG document
    Done     Adopt a CalDAV extension draft as WG document
    Jan 2015 WGLC for time zone data distribution protocol draft
    Jan 2015 WGLC for CalDAV extension draft
    Mar 2015 Request publication of time zone data distribution protocol
draft as Standards Track RFC
    Mar 2015 Request publication of CalDAV extension draft as Standards
Track RFC
    """

There are currently two WG documents:
        a)  draft-ietf-tzdist-service-02[
2] Time Zone Data Distribution Service
        b) draft-ietf-tzdist-caldav-timezone-ref-00[3] CalDAV: Time Zones
by Reference

draft-ietf-tzdist-service-02 is the more active draft with 11 open issues
out of 21. Open issues are addressed though the mailing list as weel as
during a phone conference on October 24. Discussions lead to major changes
in the design of the protocol, and are likely to reach consensus by the end
of the year.

draft-ietf-tzdist-caldav-timezone-ref-00 has still 3 open issues out of 10.
The WG will address these issues once draft-ietf-tzdist-service has reached
consensus.

[1] http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/tzdist/charter/
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tzdist-service-02
[3] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tzdist-caldav-timezone-ref-00

-- 
Daniel Migault
Orange Labs / Security Lab
+33 (0) 1 45 29 60 52
+33 (0) 6 70 72 69 58