Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSAWG/APPAREA agenda

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 23:07:20 -0800

Colleagues,

Some discussion among the working group chairs has highlighted the fact
that we, like other area working groups, typically get a run of document
submissions close to the meeting and corresponding requests for meeting
time.  This meeting is no exception, and it results in us packing the
agenda and sometimes shrinking other items' time slots in order to be
accommodating, and it's not fair to the presenters of work already in
progress that are actually in need of face time to complete active document
work.

Accordingly, we have rearranged this agenda so that all presentations that
have not already had some kind of discussion on apps-discuss will appear
toward the end of the dual meeting, during our "Any Other Business/Open
Mic" slot, rather than as part of the APPSAWG time.  That is, the layout in
general will now be:

- administrivia
- APPSAWG (work already under discussion only)
- APPAREA general meeting
- AOB (including introduction of proposed new work)

At the moment it looks like we should be just able to accommodate
everything on the agenda, but AOB items that get pushed past the end of our
assigned meeting time will not be able to present.

For future meetings, the chairs may not accept requests for meeting time
regarding documents that have not at least been introduced to the mailing
list or don't clearly need face time, depending on other qualifying
requests already in hand.  Please get in the habit of introducing your work
to apps-discuss well in advance of meetings if you would like to be
assigned meeting time going forward.

-MSK, APPSAWG co-chair