Subject: [apps-discuss] Forward Without Download

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 17:36:37 -0500

Has anyone implemented and deployed BURL/CATENATE? I looked at <http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade/Lemonade-Plans.html>, but half the companies are gone. I am curious as I’d like to do a security study on forward without download.

While on the topic, does anyone want me to update the Lemonade Plans page with current information?

Lastly, I copied apps-discuss because I doubt anyone cares about the lemonade list anymore. I am leaning towards shutting it down and having whatever discussion needs to happen on the apps-discuss list. If you think that’s a daft idea, feel free to respond on the lemonade list.

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 20:59:02 -0500

Hi Eric,

--On December 4, 2014 at 5:36:37 PM -0500 Eric Burger 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Has anyone implemented and deployed BURL/CATENATE? I looked at
> <http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade/Lemonade-Plans.html>, but
> half the companies are gone. I am curious as I’d like to do a security
> study on forward without download.
>
> Lastly, I copied apps-discuss because I doubt anyone cares about the
> lemonade list anymore. I am leaning towards shutting it down and having
> whatever discussion needs to happen on the apps-discuss list. If you
> think that’s a daft idea, feel free to respond on the lemonade list.

Try imapext instead of lemonade - there are ongoing IMAP discussions there:

List-Id: Discussion of IMAP extensions <imapext.ietf.org>
List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/imapext/>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imapext>,
 <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Stephan Bosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 09:23:30 +0100

Hi Eric,

> While on the topic, does anyone want me to update the Lemonade Plans page with current information?

For the IMAP side you can look at the IMAP wiki:
http://www.imapwiki.org/Specs . I've kept this matrix up to date with
information I could find online.

Support for BURL is less easy. I know the following:

Oracle supports it in their product:
https://wikis.oracle.com/display/CommSuite/Messaging+Server+Lemonade+Profile+1+Support+in+Unified+Configuration#MessagingServerLemonadeProfile1SupportinUnifiedConfiguration-SupportforBURL
Isode supports it in their product:
http://www.isode.com/products/m-switch-conformance.html
For Postfix I've heard some rumors that Wietse was looking into it, but
I grepped for BURL in the latest source code I could find and found nothing.
Exim doesn't support BURL at all.

I myself have created most of the CATENATE and URLAUTH support for
Dovecot. In addition to that, I've made an SMTP submission frontend
(proxy) for Dovecot that adds BURL support to any SMTP server. It will
be available for version v2.3, but I have no idea when that will be
released.

Regards,

Stephan.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 11:41:09 +0000

> Has anyone implemented and deployed BURL/CATENATE? I looked at <http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade/Lemonade-Plans.html>, but half the companies are gone. I am curious as I’d like to do a s…
In addition to what Stephan has mentioned: Isode is adding support for 
CATENATE/BURL to our Android email client in the next 3 months.