Subject: [apps-discuss] Call For Adoption: draft-seantek-text-markdown-use-cases

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 12:16:32 -0800

This note starts a Call For Adoption for
draft-seantek-text-markdown-use-cases.  This work was split from
draft-ietf-appsawg-text-markdown which is already undergoing processing
through APPSAWG.

Note that a Call For Adoption only accepts the document as a first version
for development by the working group.  The working group can change it as
it wishes subject to our usual consensus process.

Please reply with support or objection on this thread by January 23, 2015.

-MSK, APPSAWG co-chair

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 12:32:47 -0800

> Please reply with support or objection on this thread by January 23, 2015.

Some other things to consider in this or any Call For Adoption:

- Is the publication of this document (even after development) necessary
and useful?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Is APPSAWG the right venue for this work?  Does it fit within our charter?
- Does it conflict with work going on anywhere else that we should know
about, inside or outside the IETF?
- Does there appear to be enough people prepared to work on it?
- Is there a better alternative document we might adopt instead?

There might be others I'm not considering.  My point here is that it's not
a trivial thing to take on a new document for working group processing, and
that needs due consideration when choosing work for us to adopt.

-MSK

---

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 16:51:24 -0500

Hi,

+1

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> apps-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss
>
>

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:51:23 -0800

> Please reply with support or objection on this thread by January 23, 2015.

There was exactly one reply on this thread.  However, since the WG pushed
the author into splitting the main document in this way, we presume that
silence means there is consensus to accept the document.  Thus the author
has been asked to submit it as an APPSAWG item, and we assume it will
appear shortly.

The document pair will have the same milestone, namely April 2015.
Interested participants, please review and comment on both documents soon.
There's certainly nothing wrong with us being done with them early.  Either
way, we need to be able to gauge that there's consensus to publish and that
there has been adequate review before we can proceed.

-MSK, APPSAWG co-chair