Subject: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc7001bis-07.txt> (Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:34:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc7001bis-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-05-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a message header field called Authentication-
   Results for use with electronic mail messages to indicate the results
   of message authentication efforts.  Any receiver-side software, such
   as mail filters or Mail User Agents (MUAs), can use this header field
   to relay that information in a convenient and meaningful way to users
   or to make sorting and filtering decisions.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc7001bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc7001bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.