Subject: [apps-discuss] file scheme status

From: Matthew Kerwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 07:44:43 +1000

Hi folks,

First my apologies for not getting to this sooner, the past four months
have been particularly difficult for me IRL.

In the time I've had, I've been trying to rearrange the 'file' URI scheme
draft to generally meet the comments and discussions we've had on list:

* reducing the normative syntax to the the common core that will provide
most of the interoperability we desire,
* moving commonly seen non-normative (and non-3986-compatible) variations
to informative appendices,
* and moving common usages to informative appendices.

I've focused on the first point, since that's the chunky part. Until I get
that completed, it's hard to target more specific comments, since it's a
pretty big rewrite. The in-progress draft can be viewed at github[1].

If anybody has any comments on the direction the text seems to be taking,
please feel free to comment here on-list. I'll try to get a new revision
pushed out over the weekend.

I've also been keeping a tentative eye on the work on the uri-scheme-reg
draft; I think I'm doing the right things in this draft, but if anyone sees
me conflicting with that draft's requirements please call it out.

Cheers

[1]: http://phluid61.github.io/internet-drafts/file-scheme/

-- 
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/