Subject: [apps-discuss] Gopher Internet-Draft

From: Nick Matavka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:44:21 -0400

Hello World!

I tried changing the authors' names section to the format suggested by Mr
(Dr?) Klensin but the heuristic still doesn't pick up on the authors'
names, so I cancelled it and re-submitted it manually.

The slightly updated I-D can be seen at
http://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/status/68412/

With fraternal greetings,

Edward Matavka

-- 
       /^\/^\
       \----|
   _---'---~~~~-_
    ~~~|~~L~|~~~~
       (/_  /~~--
     \~ \  /  /~
   __~\  ~ /   ~~----,
   \    | |       /  \
   /|   |/       |    |
   | | | o  o     /~   |
 _-~_  |        ||  \  /
(// )) | o  o    \\---'
//_- |  |          \
//   |____|\______\__\
~      |   / |    |
       |_ /   \ _|
     /~___|  /____\

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 19:58:18 -0700

> names, so I cancelled it and re-submitted it manually.

Have you considered using xml2rfc?  It (nearly) always produces something
in the required formats so automatic posting works fine.

-MSK

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 09:15:56 -0400

--On Sunday, April 12, 2015 21:44 -0400 Nick Matavka
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello World!
> 
> I tried changing the authors' names section to the format
> suggested by Mr (Dr?) Klensin but the heuristic still doesn't
> pick up on the authors' names, so I cancelled it and
> re-submitted it manually.

Sorry... I thought that might do it, but I don't know how the
algorithm works.  It is worthwhile noting that the "nits
checker" built into the submission tool doesn't report anything
but the I-Ds is forced into manual posting.  I hope the
Secretariat will be able to take care of that today or tomorrow.

Other than that, no advice other than than you adhere very
carefully to the normal format (e.g., the way you have
underlined titles isn't part of it) or, as Murray suggested, use
xml2rfc (or some other tool) that automatically produces a
conforming format.

   john