Subject: [apps-discuss] Ben Campbell's Discuss on draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data-08: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 19:32:01 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data-08: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this will be easy to resolve:

Roni Even pointed out in his Gen-ART review that the IANA considerations
section seems to have omitted the content-disposition value of
"form-data", which also currently points to 2388. I suspect this is an
oversight, since "name" is included.

If, on the other hand, the omission was intentional, let me know and I
will clear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In the abstract, I suggest changing "... replaces RFC 2388" to "obsoletes
RFC 2388", just to get the right magic words in place.

I concur with Kathleen's comment to move the last paragraph in the
security considerations to the front.