Subject: [apps-discuss] BCP 35, RFC 7595 on Guidelines and Registration Procedures for URI Schemes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 15:24:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 35        
        RFC 7595

        Title:      Guidelines and Registration Procedures for 
                    URI Schemes 
        Author:     D. Thaler, Ed.,
                    T. Hansen,
                    T. Hardie
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 42897
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4395
        See Also:   BCP 35

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-scheme-reg-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7595

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7595

This document updates the guidelines and recommendations, as well as
the IANA registration processes, for the definition of Uniform
Resource Identifier (URI) schemes.  It obsoletes RFC 4395.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC