Subject: [apps-discuss] RV: A draft about delay limits for real-time services

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:38:49 +0100

Dear all,
 
Hi again. We would like to kindly ask you if you feel that this draft could
fall within the Applications and Real Time area. It contains a set of
recommendations about the maximum delay tolerated by users of emerging
real-time services as online games.
 
 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-dispatch-delay-limits/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-dispatch-delay-limits/
 
Thanks in advance!
 
Jose Saldana & Mirko Suznjevic

De: apps-discuss [mailto:[email-masked]] En nombre de Jose
Saldana
Enviado el: miércoles, 16 de diciembre de 2015 17:19
Para: [email-masked]
CC: 'Mirko Sužnjević' <[email-masked]>
Asunto: [apps-discuss] A draft about delay limits for real-time services
 
Hi all,
 
We have submitted this draft:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-dispatch-delay-limits/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-dispatch-delay-limits/ 
 
It surveys a set of recommendations about the maximum latency tolerated by
the users of services with delay constraints. Some recommendations already
exist for e.g. VoIP, but emerging services as e.g. online gaming, have
different requirements.
 
Different papers in the literature reporting these constraints are surveyed,
and a summary of the latency limits for each service is provided.
 
The draft has been adapted from a more specific one, which was submitted
some time ago to the Transport Area WG (
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-tsvwg-mtd-tcmtf/>
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-tsvwg-mtd-tcmtf/). The
current version is more general, and not specific for the case of traffic
optimization with multiplexing.
 
We have first submitted it to the Dispatch WG, and the advice we have
received is that we could ask in appsawg. The proposal does not aim to
propose any new WG, and it is related to real-time applications as e.g. VoIP
or online games. As said in the charter, "The Applications Area sometimes
receives proposals for the development of specifications dealing with
application-related topics that are not in scope for an existing working
group and do not justify the formation of a new working group."

Thanks in advance,
 
Jose Saldana & Mirko Suznjevic