Subject: [apps-discuss] Clarifications about purpose of apps-discuss mailing list, DISPATCH WG and ART Area meetings

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 12:03:27 +0100

Dear apps-discuss participants,

ART ADs realized that certain changes to the combined Area were not
communicated properly. In particular:

apps-discuss is now the ART-area-wide mailing list. General ART
discussions are welcomed here. We are also planning to rename it to
art-discuss. (apps-discuss will remain as an alias). Please direct
specific new work proposals to [email-masked].

DISPATCH WG ([email-masked]) was rechartered to become ART-area wide
WG for helping ART ADs with processing documents. So DISPATCH WG is no
longer specific to what historically were RAI topics. The main
difference between DISPATCH and the way that APPSAWG has worked is that
DISPATCH is not allowed to work on documents, unless they are simple
IANA registrations. DISPATCH can either recommend AD sponsoring of
documents, redirect to an existing WG or would help to charter new WGs
to work on a specific topic.

The plan is still to close APPSAWG as soon as its pending documents are
complete.

In the future, the first meeting on Monday morning of each IETF is going
to be a combined ART Area meeting with DISPATCH WG meeting. (So
effectively DISPATCH has replaced the APPSAWG slot). This might change
in the future, but for now this is what ART ADs would like to do.

Best Regards,
Alissa, Ben and Alexey