Subject: [apps-discuss] dispatch vs. apps-discuss (was Re: Regular Expressions for Internet Mail Identifiers (draft-seantek-mail-regexen))

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 12:51:32 -0700

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Sean Leonard <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> PS I am still a bit confused about the distinction between dispatch@ and
> apps-discuss@ at this point for getting practical work done. But based on
> the most recent directive e-mails, I am going with posting this (on the
> understanding that dispatch@ is not meant for "actual technical work").
>

As APPSAWG is nearing its end, this list is now the general ART discussion
list.  It's basically no longer a working group list but one for topics of
general interest to the participants of the ART area.

DISPATCH is for doing things under the charter of that working group, which
is to say proposing work and, if there's sustained support for it, finding
a home for that work.

This post, which is basically "Hi, I have a draft, please read it and let
me know what you think" belongs here.  When the question becomes "How
should we process this through the IETF (if at all)?", it becomes a
candidate for DISPATCH.

-MSK, co-chair of both