Subject: [apps-discuss] Draft of interest in DNSOP: draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 07:57:56 +0200

All,

As one of the chairs of DNSOP I wanted to make the Apps Area of a draft 
that has been adopted by DNSOP "DNS Scoped Data Through '_Underscore' 
Attribute Leaves":

	https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf/

It is attempting what others have tried and failed in the past - to 
document all the DNS reserved node names that begin with an underscore, 
and to create a registry for said names.

This draft is not just looking at SRV records, but TXT records which 
document such behavior.

We think the Apps area will have a vested interest in not only the 
registry, but ensuring all current applications are documented.  We 
welcome any and all feedback

thanks,

tim wicinski

---

From: "Patrik Fältström" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:59:18 +0200

On 20 Jul 2016, at 7:57, Tim Wicinski wrote:

> This draft is not just looking at SRV records, but TXT records which document such behavior.

And URI.

   Patrik