Subject: Re: [Arcing] arcing - New Meeting Session Request for IETF 95

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 17:04:32 +0000

Is ARCING a formal working group?  I don't see it listed on
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/.

On 2/26/16, 11:49, "Arcing on behalf of "IETF Meeting Session Request
Tool"" <[email-masked] on behalf of
[email-masked]> wrote:

>---------------------------------------------------------
>Working Group Name: Alternative Resolution Contexts for Internet Naming

Perhaps the same tool is used for WGs and BoFs, hence the use of "Working
Group" here.  On the other hand, maybe ARCING has been made a WG.  Can't
tell.

This says it isn't chartered (found this using a web search engine, not
from the IETF web site), state is BoF:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/arcing/charter/

If this is a BoF, what's the plan for an agenda?  I ask because I have a
draft already but I also feel the need to document why this is a problem
based on hallway conversations and observations about the state of play.

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 09:55:44 -0800

Hi Ed,

It was approved as a nonw-WG forming BoF, based on the agenda proposed in
the wiki  https://tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki.  If there's a new draft
you'd like discussed, please let the list know; I had already planned to
ask you to discuss your history draft, so consider this your friendly ping
on that point.

best,

Ted

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Edward Lewis <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Arcing mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/arcing
>
>

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 16:43:39 +0000

I'm not sure I have another draft in me (yet) but there is plenty to talk
about.

As for my existing draft, I'm willing to speak to it.  (Sorry for being slow
to respond, just cycling through topics.)

On 3/3/16, 12:55, "Ted Hardie" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Ed,
> 
> It was approved as a nonw-WG forming BoF, based on the agenda proposed in the
> wiki https://tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki.  If there's a new draft you'd like
> discussed, please let the list know; I had already planned to ask you to
> discuss your history draft, so consider this your friendly ping on that point.
> 
> best,
> 
> Ted
> 
> 
> 
>

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 17:24:29 +0000

From: Arcing [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Edward Lewis
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2016 11:44 AM
To: Ted Hardie
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Arcing] arcing - New Meeting Session Request for IETF 95

I'm not sure I have another draft in me (yet) but there is plenty to talk about.

As for my existing draft, I'm willing to speak to it.  (Sorry for being slow to respond, just cycling through topics.)

[SAH] Is a list of I-Ds that are associated with this topic available somewhere? I didn’t see anything in the description of the BoF.

Scott