Subject: [Autoconf] Checking dependency style

From: "Rohit Arul Raj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:19:50 +0530

Hi all,

I was trying to build a package (m4 1.4.7) using two different cross
compilers. one was GCC 4.1.1and other was non GNU compiler 3.4. My
autoconf version is  2.6.0, automake is 1.9.6

one of the output of the configure was checking dependecy style. it
gave gcc3 as result while building with GCC crosscompiler. while
building with the non GNU compiler it gave 'none'.

1.Why do we check or under what condition do we have to check dependecy style?
2. Will it affect the performance of the compiler?
3. What are other dependency checks available other than gcc3?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Rohit

_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf